• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Why not drop Tendulkar for good ? He hasn't done anything for ages.... :)
Time is coming (WC) where he either has to put up, or be dropped. And same in tests, England is really his last chance.

Then its back to domestic cricket (if he wants) until he can score runs, or he can retire.

FRAZ

International Captain
I wanna smash the people who are ranting about the Indian loss this time . Look at the history god damn it .... One 170 odd run collapse and a sorry end . Honestly speaking this is about the third time I saw this team really threatening outside of their own land and a job @#$%ed up by the selectors by keeping the ultimate oldies in the side . Coach is doing a wonderful job and overall a great effort by India tbvh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Time is coming (WC) where he either has to put up, or be dropped. And same in tests, England is really his last chance.

Then its back to domestic cricket (if he wants) until he can score runs, or he can retire.
Name how many Indian batsman have been overall better in ODI cricket over the last 12 months.

You won't name too many.

Why is Sachin's position in ODI cricket even in doubt? In that form of the game he's fine, and he's been fine for ages. He'll go out his own way in his own time in that form.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Name how many Indian batsman have been overall better in ODI cricket over the last 12 months.

You won't name too many.

Why is Sachin's position in ODI cricket even in doubt? In that form of the game he's fine, and he's been fine for ages. He'll go out his own way in his own time in that form.
Agree, but if he wants to keep playing for the next 2-3 years, he should choose between one of the two forms. Also since it is unlikely that he will play a part in the next WC, he might as well concentrate on Tests.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So basically he is performing better than career average, even though his play doesn't really suggest it.
His game has changed as would that of any player over a long career span. This does not essentially, where Tendulkar is concerned, mean the runs dry out as we have seen in one day cricket.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

You won't name too many.
Those who have been regular - MS Dhoni, Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh. Only Sehwag and Kaif have been worse. That said I am not saying that he should be dropped. IMO time has come for Tendulkar to pick one form of game.

Edit - I took the stats from 2005.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Folks like you are claiming that he is responsible for injury either by not stating facts or that problem is in his mind. If Munaf was fully fit (as you are trying to claim) why did he bowl only 1 over in the SA 2nd innings ? If Munaf's problem is in mind then how did he bowl 20 overs in the 1st inning and bowled pretty well too despite not looking very fit ?

The fact is I dont know if he was 100% fit or not(neither do you), he didn't look fit to me. But claiming that he is 100% fit and problem is in is mind is utterly ridiculous. Why cant he get injured in the middle of the test ? Oh wait..that happens only to Sachin Tendulkar.

As for the team doctor - He wasn't even there in SA to make any statement on his own, all he has is Golster's and Coach/captain's word. And just because he is appointed by the board doesn't mean I am going to trust him, Since when has Indian Board started appointing professionals based on their merit and not on recommendation ? Dr. Irani, Chaddha ring bells ?

Sanz, first of all, chill out. :)

And secondly, I agree with you that it is the fault of Dravid and Co that they keep picking Munaf inspite of his (now) obvious attitude problems.

And I have to admit that I didn't watch any part of the 3rd test except the first day. I was away on the holy trip to sabarimala and didn't catch any of the action. But I heard my cousin say that Munaf wasn't running any slower than he normally does in any game. And what you termed as "limping", he termed as moving "gingerly". There is a bit of a difference between the two, isn't there? You limp when you are actually injured, but you can move gingerly hoping to avoid an injury. Again, I don't think any international captain will pick an obviously (as you termed it) unfit guy to play in his team, definitely not Dravid. You can question his competency but not his integrity, IMHO.

If anything, I agree that we can fault Dravid, Chappell and the selectors for picking Munaf inspite of his attitude being what it is and not having improved even after being with the senior side. But again, you have got two guys with the right background (no matter how incompetent they may be, they surely can't go wrong in telling whether a guy is in pain or not), saying that he can move his ankles 100% without pain. Munaf himself didn't complain of any pain when he was put through certain tests.

I still think it is just a case of Munaf not giving his 100% because of his apprehensions about his injury more than anything else. And maybe that is why DRavid didn't give him the ball for more than one over on the last day. He didn't want to trust a guy who wasn't giving him 100% effort.

But I do agree (as I have said earlier) that Chappell, Dravid and the selectors need to be questioned about why they kept picking Munaf inspite of his obvious attitude issues.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Being good in the cricketing aspect didn't stop blokes like Kambli, Lara, Ponting etc being dropped on attitude grounds. Like I said, it is hard to see why they had to keep a guy like him who wouldn't throw the ball even though he never injured his arm in his time of playing for India.

And I am not saying drop him forever, just let him get the message. It happened with Zaheer and Sourav and now with Sehwag. Maybe he will come back better for it.

adharcric

International Coach
Definitely agree. You just said that Chappell and Dravid should be asked the question so I gave you their answer. :)