• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is this true? How do you know? If so, he needs to be removed immediatly.
not 100% sure but he has never really injured his arm since coming into the side and has talked often about being free from injury as if it was paramount to him. I just sort of put 2 and 2 together.

adharcric

International Coach
Because it shows he has no pride in his team. It shows he isn't play a pro sport. First thing you are supposed to when you put on your team shirt, you are supposed to tuck it in and keep it tucked in for as long as you wear it. Not tucking it in is just a disgrace to the game. I don't care how many wickets he can take, I would not pick him just because of his trash attitude. I would rather pick any crap bowler who at least cares about the game and respects it over him.
Did you find that in the ICC Code of Conduct?

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tbf, many guys that have played did not throw the ball in due to injuries. Obvious examples are David Gower and Courtney Walsh.

It shouldnt stop him playing if the other aspects of his game are upto standard. I would think the other areas are the concern
None of them did this at the start of their careers. That is my point.

adharcric

International Coach
None of them did this at the start of their careers. That is my point.
Munaf's journey to national selection has been riddled by injuries and he probably didn't have a quality fitness regime to follow in the village of Ikhar, so this is not a huge surprise.
Of course, his fielding should be taken into consideration when his place in the national side is discussed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Munaf's journey to national selection has been riddled by injuries and he probably didn't have a quality fitness regime to follow in the village of Ikhar, so this is not a huge surprise.
Of course, his fielding should be taken into consideration when his place in the national side is discussed.
Its not just that. He just makes such a big issue about being fit in each and every interview of his, as if his sole aim is to be fit and bowl at 128 kph in every match. That is not what we are looking for from him, is it?

adharcric

International Coach
Okay. Next time if Indians don't have their ODI shirt, they should just borrow Pakistans and wear it onto the field. Who cares, its just a shirt right.
No, they should wear the Indian shirt because they represent India. Who says tucked in shirts represent commitment and respect for the country you represent?

JustTool

State 12th Man
Confirming Tendulkar's injury, Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary Niranjan Shah said: “Tendulkar suffered the injury during India's third Test against South Africa. He had to take injections during the Test.”

Tendulkar, who last played a match for Mumbai six years ago, could have played a crucial role in helping Mumbai qualify for the semifinals.

What a guy ! Shirking domestic cricket shamelessly :@

adharcric

International Coach
Its not just that. He just makes such a big issue about being fit in each and every interview of his, as if his sole aim is to be fit and bowl at 128 kph in every match. That is not what we are looking for from him, is it?
Yes, his fitness is poor and his attitude is poor (most likely because of his past). What's your point?

Dravid

International Captain
No, they should wear the Indian shirt because they represent India. Who says tucked in shirts represent commitment and respect for the country you represent?
Because not tucking in *your countries* shirt is a sign of disrespect to your county.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Awesome debate ! You guys are even more clueless than your posts show. Discussing the color of the knobs on while the Titanic is sinking.

Long live Tendulkar ! He tucks his shirt in !

Definitely agree with SS and Mr. Mxyzptik. You should tuck in your shirt to follow proper etiquette, but it really isn't a huge deal if you're taking wickets and your coach, teammates and officials aren't too fussed about your shirt. Unless you're required to do it, it's just a formality and I'd rather have our bowlers take wickets than tuck their shirts in. Cricketers with shirts tucked in do look better in general but cricketers who take wickets look much, much better. Haha, stupid argument.

By the way, you guys (Dravid and Turbinator) have been required to tuck 'em in by your coaches in "high-level" sports because you play in youth teams where they not only try to teach the sport but also discipline. In fact, discipline is a huge thing for youth sports coaches. If you watch the NBA, there are several players who go for extended periods with the shirts out. If they put them back in, it's because of anal referees and that's the only reason you should have to tuck them back in: anal referees or an offended coach or teammates. AFAIK, neither Chappell, Dravid nor ICC officials care about this so Munaf doesn't need to worry about it either.

Dravid

International Captain
Says who?
Then who says wearing Pakistans shirt instead of Indias shirt isn't disrespectful to the country? Is it written anywhere that it is disrespectful? No. It is disrecpectful? Yes. Just like that not tucking your own country shirt in is disrecpectful

adharcric

International Coach
Then who says wearing Pakistans shirt instead of Indias shirt isn't disrespectful to the country? Is it written anywhere that it is disrespectful? No. It is disrecpectful? Yes. Just like that not tucking your own country shirt in is disrecpectful
Dude, this is not about respect. What kind of an idiot would wear a Pakistan shirt if you're playing for India? That's common sense. Don't make a fool of yourself, again. :)

By the way, I agree with you that tucking your shirt in is "proper" and "courteous". I would do it if I were playing for India, but we shouldn't get on Munaf's case for not doing it.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
Dude, this is not about respect. What kind of an idiot would wear a Pakistan shirt if you're playing for India? That's common sense. Don't make a fool of yourself, again. :)

By the way, I agree with you that tucking your shirt in is "proper" and "courteous". I would do it if I were playing for India, but we shouldn't get on Munaf's case for not doing it. It's not that big a deal.
What kind of an idiot who has respect for his country not tuck in his shirt? It is disrespectful to the country, and to the game of Cricket, and I will always want Munaf out of the team until he learns to respect the game and his country.

And my argument about the Pakistan shirt was just to let SS know that it is not "Just a ****ing shirt"

adharcric

International Coach
You still haven't answered my question. Who says not tucking in your shirt is disrespectful to your country?