• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

Dravid

International Captain
I think that sums it up, saying the supposedly greatest batsman of this era did decent averaging in the early 30s in a series shows the decline.
Thats the problem...you want to drop him because hes not matching the standards of Sachin Tendulkar. He still had a decent series, despite being Sachin Tendulkar or not, and having a decent series shouldn't have you dropped.

But like I said. If these signs of him coming back into form fail say in England, than he should be reconsidered.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because, he is showing signs of coming back into form.

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
He showed the same inconsistency he's been showing in recent times. Over his bad run he's regularly looked like coming back into form. But then he's also regularly looked out of it. I don't see how this series was any different in that regard.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't give a **** about "retaining" places. Thats smacks of people living of their reputation. No one in the batting lineup has done enough. Period.

Dravid

International Captain
And? Didn't I cover that in my post? I said that he looks like returning to form several times and looked poor several times too. He passed 50 four times in 19 innings before this series. He's done it twice in 6 innings in this series. An improvement, but not a huge one. It really is a continuation of a trend.
Two times with a 44. So 2 50s with almost a third noe in thre matches, is not bad

And as I type this Kallis is out

Dravid

International Captain
I don't give a **** about "retaining" places. Thats smacks of people living of their reputation. No one in the batting lineup has done enough. Period.
SS, take over instead of trolling. We know barely anyone else would have done better in these conditions (Apart from the third test)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Two times with a 44. So 2 50s with almost a third noe in thre matches, is not bad
This post is really grabbing at straws to be honest. Make your point, but don't start talking about almost-half-centuries.

Let's get back to the centre of the discussion though. I stated that it's time for Tendulkar to start justifying his selection. How can you really take issue with that? It seems you've become rather ultradefensive on the basis of what is essentially a factual statement.

adharcric

International Coach
Thats the problem...you want to drop him because hes not matching the standards of Sachin Tendulkar. He still had a decent series, despite being Sachin Tendulkar or not, and having a decent series shouldn't have you dropped.

But like I said. If these signs of him coming back into form fail say in England, than he should be reconsidered.
Look, no batsman aside from Ashwell Prince has had a good series. Ganguly and Kallis come close; Laxman and Tendulkar are further behind.
If an average of 33 satisfies you, don't expect much from the Indian team.

Dravid

International Captain
Look, no batsman aside from Ashwell Prince has had a good series. Ganguly and Kallis come close; Laxman and Tendulkar are further behind.
If an average of 33 satisfies you, don't expect much from the Indian team.
Avg of 33 does satisfy, looking at how both teams batted

adharcric

International Coach
Uhh, we're discussing selection matters here. Retaining your place is all that matters in this discussion.
If you'd like to discuss the poor showing of the Indian batsmen, we can discuss that later. :cool: