• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What have been the most humorous experience/s you've so far had watching a test match

KL70

Cricket Spectator
What have so far been the craziest, or most humorous experience/s (in terms of something happening either on the pitch or ground, or in the crowd) you’ve had so far (compared to other ones) watching a live test match (preferably outdoors as it was being played for a whole day, rather than at home or elsewhere, watching it on TV) and please elaborate on what particular test match it was and what happened to make it fairly memorable.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Lord's, England v West Indies, 2004, Day Four.

A family sit down in front of myself and my mate at the beginning of play, and after a while we begin chatting to them. The father is West Indian, the mother English, and the two young boys (aged about seven and nine) are both wearing West Indies caps. Just after the lunch break they leave their seats to get some food, hoping to have avoided the lunch-break rush.

Shortly afterwards, two Australian guys in their twenties arrive and sit exactly where the family had been, in the front row right by the boundary, the row in front of me and my mate. They remain there for a while, until the family return with food about 20 minutes later.

The family ask the Australians politely if they would mind vacating their seats - they refuse, and nonchalantly flash a pair of MCC members' cards at the family. They claim their status as members means they can sit wherever they like, whenever they like. Obviously the family disagree, and so does everyone around them - the Australians have done nothing but viciously sledge Matthew Hoggard and Robert Key (fielding nearby) since they took their seats.

Someone behind us pipes up "someone's sitting there, mate" to the Aussies - soon enough there are at least 200 people in the surrounding area kindly pointing it out, and before long everyone's laughing at the Aussies' annoyance. The family go and get a steward, who argues with the Australians unsuccessfully for a few minutes, before the father of the family gets fed up and decides to take manners into his own hands.

The father moves from his position in the gangway, and plants his six-foot-five frame directly in front of the Australians, blocking their view of the game. There's a huge cheer from the surrounding crowd, and eventually the two guys decide to move, after much complaining, and amid a chorus of goodbyes from a good few hundred people. It was classic. :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Old Trafford 2002.

Towards the end of a long day on the liquid refreshment, one of the Mexicans sitting next to us decided to streak.

It took him more than a little while to get his clothes off before running on and immediately being apprehended.

When we got a taxi back to town we were telling the driver about it, and he told us he'd just taken the rest of the Mexicans to the police station to pick up their mate.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Old Trafford 2002.

Towards the end of a long day on the liquid refreshment, one of the Mexicans sitting next to us decided to streak.

It took him more than a little while to get his clothes off before running on and immediately being apprehended.

When we got a taxi back to town we were telling the driver about it, and he told us he'd just taken the rest of the Mexicans to the police station to pick up their mate.
Mexicans at a Test match?!? That's awesome. :laugh:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Oh Jeeez!!

(I think some of our contributors will realize what I am on about, the funniest most spontaneous action ever witnessed on a cricket field)

marc71178 said:
Old Trafford 2002.

haha thats a good one!

sideshowtim

Banned
Probably at the Sydney test against India a few years back. Haydos was fielding down on the boundary near where I was sitting, and drunk guys were yelling out to all the women "Show us your ****!", then some guy randomly yelled out to Haydos "Show us where Langer puts it!". Hayden turned around, laughed and clapped the guy. It was hilarious!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sideshowtim said:
Probably at the Sydney test against India a few years back. Haydos was fielding down on the boundary near where I was sitting, and drunk guys were yelling out to all the women "Show us your ****!", then some guy randomly yelled out to Haydos "Show us where Langer puts it!". Hayden turned around, laughed and clapped the guy. It was hilarious!
:laugh::laugh: