• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards first week of Sept.

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Superkingdav - 9000 Posts
Aussie - 8000 Posts
Burpey - 6000 Posts
Alternative - 2000 Posts
Armadillo - 1000 Posts

Okay back with the awards on a weekly basis, sorry they are a little late, I have been waiting for this weeks milestones. I will post them up later as Alternative thought we were now doing fortnightly awards, and he has not had a chance to give me the list.

We would love some help, especially from someone who follows the fortunes of one of the subcontinent teams :)

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Aussie Dominance (Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any nominees for the Sobers or best debate awards please let Justin know at
rusty_492 at hotmail dot com

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Burgey for this click here Well constructed and balanced arguments, but lets wait and see

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Craig for this click here Does not start many threads, but always worth the wait, good stuff

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: stumpski for this click here I am usually more careful :laugh:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Superkingdave , quality poster with a good sense of humour

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: No award this week. Having trouble with this one almost on a weekly basis :huh:

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: chris.hinton click here Ah he makes the award so easy, although not as good as h :cool:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: open365 , Shows some good knowledge especially regarding the England game

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Turbinator, started a lot of threads, lets just leave it at that :ph34r:

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: langevelt click here Good stuff!

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: The Wicket Kepper debate[/B] click here On the whole I think we want Mr Jones back :-O

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sean just check your email, i shall post the milestones if u don't post them in few hours..

archie mac

International Coach
alternative said:
Sean just check your email, i shall post the milestones if u don't post them in few hours..
Thanks mate, they are up, and I did the right thing by you, I tipped against the Swans this week :laugh:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
archie mac said:
Thanks mate, they are up, and I did the right thing by you, I tipped against the Swans this week :laugh:
They were playing against Carlton, comon who can't win against them.. Wooden spooner's.. hahaha lol *Pasag cries*

PY

International Coach
archie mac said:
5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: No award this week. Having trouble with this one almost on a weekly basis :huh:
In all fairness, there aren't a great deal of games going on at the moment in international cricket. I'm sure once things build up for the Champions Trophy it'll get good again. :)

A possible contender for next week, given KP's form. :p