• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Indispensable player in World Cricket?

Who is the most Indispensable player

• Murali

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Warne

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Dravid

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Lara

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Ponting

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Kallis

• Inzi

• Shoaib

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Kumble

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McGrath

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Flintoff

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Fleming

• Sangakarra

• Nitini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rafique

• Total voters

Xuhaib

International Coach
Its a simple question, who do you guys think is the most indispensable member for their team.

The obvious answer should be Murali but it would be interesting to see who is # 2 i would think its is Kallis.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Oops made a mistake, dont know how to edit a poll:mellow:

Wanted to add Nitini aswell instead of 2 Kumble's

Xuhaib

International Coach
James said:
Poll edited :)
Tnx...actually on 2nd thoughts i feel Ntini is almost as important to SA bowling line-up as Murali is to Sri lanka especially with the decline of Pollock.

FRAZ

International Captain
If you mean Shoaib Akhtar then fine if it was the other Shoaib (Malik) then please forget my vote . Thank you !!!!

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I was thinking (after Murali obviously) Fleming - he's held a sometimes quite ordinary bunch of players together and gelled them into a real team.

Not so sure about Ntini, seeing as Andre Nel would potentially be the spearhead if Ntini wasn't there.

Rafique - no chance. Enamul Haque jnr is almost up there in the Test arena, while Rafique has been below par in one-dayers recently. Bangladesh are swaying towards playing only one main spinner in ODIs, with the likes of Saqibul, Alok, Mehrab jnr, Rajin providing backup (although two of those are not even decent part-timers).

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Murali has basically and single handedly carried his team throughout his playing days. I know they have had some good players but really, he has been there go-to man.

Jungle Jumbo raises a good point about Fleming though, but say if he was unable to continue playing I think we have a very good replacement as captain in Daniel Vettori if his back is up to it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TBF our OD team looks a shower of something brown & smelly without Fred, so you could a strong case for him as the most indispensable player to his team in that format.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Murali in Tests, Flintoff in ODIs.

Murali's presence in Tests probably saves SL say 100-150 runs per opposition innings on average. Flintoff is basically a top class ODI batsman and a world class ODI bowler rolled into one - so is a huge bonus to any team.