• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Indispensable player in World Cricket?

Who is the most Indispensable player

• Murali

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Warne

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Dravid

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Lara

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Ponting

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Kallis

• Inzi

• Shoaib

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Kumble

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McGrath

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Flintoff

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Fleming

• Sangakarra

• Nitini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rafique

• Total voters

Xuhaib

International Coach
FRAZ said:
If you mean Shoaib Akhtar then fine if it was the other Shoaib (Malik) then please forget my vote . Thank you !!!!
Yes by Shoaib i meant Shoaib Malik , Fleming was Damian Fleming and also by Lara I meant Angelina Jolie.

R_D

International Debutant
Without doubt it has to be Murali, without Murali Sri Lanka won't win too many test matches against decent teams.
Kumble came close second, India's bowling attack looks pretty toothless without him.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Yes, hard to go past Murali on this one, though Flintoff is also a contender.

I thought about Lara for a fair while - it's true that he's vital to the West Indian lineup, although his lack of consistency in recent years and the fact that he's crazy as a soup sandwich probably counts against him.

adharcric

International Coach
1) Muttiah Muralitharan
2) Andrew Flintoff
3) Jacques Kallis
4) Anil Kumble
5) Brian Lara

Just missing out: Chaminda Vaas

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
McGrath, the only competition that matters in Cricket is The Ashes, and they are incapable of winning them without him

8-)

archie mac

International Coach
I thought of Murali straight away, but do we have any stats people who can tell us how the teams perform without their stars? :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Considering what the WI did to SA in a test without Lara, I'd have to go Murali.

FRAZ

International Captain
Well I guess its not only the amount of the wickets that Shoaib gets whenever he plays ,but also its the pump'd and pimp'd up attitude that he brings to the side . The spark and passion (especialy in the ODI's) is what we need in this 21st century cricket .. Shoaib (although ****** at times) ,A true showman

Last edited: