• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sreesanth and kumble miss out

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
RP Singh better repay the faith, because Sreesanth was performing pretty well in ODIs. Granted he was expensive but he was a strike bowler who took wickets. I never really even fathomed them leaving him out of the Champions Trophy squad.

No idea how Munaf Patel gets selected before him as well. I hope Munaf has been doing well in domestic one-dayers, because Sreesanth has outperformed him almost everytime they've played together in a ODI.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
that would eveb more of shock if those 2 were dropped, after all they are key players for India.

adharcric

International Coach
This is a truly bizzare selection as Sreesanth had really impressed as a one-day opening bowler recently. At least Sreesanth should get a chance against the Aussies, which is good enough for me. I just want all of our "talented" young cricketers to get a stern test from the best team in the world and see if they can survive it. Sreesanth is definitely one for the future ... and a bright future IMO.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So it begins. Another bowler goes the way of Khan, Agarkar, Pathan and countless other pacers with 'potential'.

Two years down the line, I bet Sreesanth is out of the team completely.

Perry Mason

Cricket Spectator
silentstriker said:
So it begins. Another bowler goes the way of Khan, Agarkar, Pathan and countless other pacers with 'potential'.

Two years down the line, I bet Sreesanth is out of the team completely.
Massive exaggeration.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
RP is crap as compared to Santh, in a way its bad for RP coz the lad will be in a lot of pressure as he knows that he has to perform to justify his selection in the team at the expense of more justifying candidate in Santh.

Santh will be back for WC and will be with Munaf,IRfan,Zaheer and Ajit.RP is going to miss out though.Overall the pace attack looks very promissing and threatning

RolledOver said:
RP is crap as compared to Santh, in a way its bad for RP coz the lad will be in a lot of pressure as he knows that he has to perform to justify his selection in the team at the expense of more justifying candidate in Santh.

Santh will be back for WC and will be with Munaf,IRfan,Zaheer and Ajit.RP is going to miss out though.Overall the pace attack looks very promissing and threatning
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Thats the worst pace attack in the world barring the minnows(Bangladesh,Zimbabwe etc).

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
This is a total shock, Sreesanth is a much better performer he was a ne of the main strike bowlers in the past 2 or 3 OD series he has played, can't really see why he was taken of the team.. :(

deeps

International 12th Man
though he was a tad expensive, he took wickets, and bowled intelligentelly. He is inexperienced, and should have been kept on.

Politics is my guess

adharcric

International Coach
deeps said:
though he was a tad expensive, he took wickets, and bowled intelligentelly. He is inexperienced, and should have been kept on.

Politics is my guess
Perhaps they want to keep RP Singh's confidence high and let him know he's still in the scheme of things. Irfan and Agarkar are locks and Munaf is the #1 prospect right now. Shocking nevertheless ...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Shocking nevertheless ...
Not really. Thats whats going to happen to Munaf too. Its just a matter of time. Agarkar was a much better prospect than either of Munaf and Sreesanth (fastest to 40 wickets). Its not going to change until we get a genuine matchwinner with the ball. And I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

deeps

International 12th Man
Sreesanth > Munaf imo

Munaf is quick, but Sreesanth is more accurate, has a far better cricket brain, and can also increase his pace when he wants to to a pretty decent pace.

I honestly can't see how he did not make the 15 man squad. He should be in the starting 11 imo.

Munaf and RP should be below him from the evidence so far