• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asif vs Umar Gul?

Better bowler?

• Total voters

FRAZ

International Captain
Asif is losing pace .... the last I saw him was in the series against RSA .... needs to pull the pace to 140+ .... if he continues to drop pace then he could go Venky Prasad's way, who was brilliant as long as he had pace
It's not like he has lost a lot of pace . He still has 12 years of cricket left in him so let's see if he comes out of his current problems .

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Asif is losing pace .... the last I saw him was in the series against RSA .... needs to pull the pace to 140+ .... if he continues to drop pace then he could go Venky Prasad's way, who was brilliant as long as he had pace
Mohammad Asif is straight back from injury. His pace came as a result of a tune up at the MRF Pace Foundation too IIRC.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Strange dig IMO. I don't think the situation has changed much at all since the time the thread was created.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, neither do I, but a) I wanted to add a post and b) I thought this was a good "vs" thread at a time when they are aplenty and wondered if anyone else wanted to add theirs.

FTR, I don't think it's ever likely to change either. I think Asif is extremely likely to remain better than Gul throughout their careers.

BTW, I keep forgetting, but your openers in your sig are shockers. For starters, Vaughan has never faced the first ball of the innings in his life and despite McKenzie being even less of an opener than Vaughan, he has.

And just in case, YES THAT LINE (WELL, THOSE TWO LINES) IS (ARE) LARGELY IN JEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
BTW, I keep forgetting, but your openers in your sig are shockers. For starters, Vaughan has never faced the first ball of the innings in his life and despite McKenzie being even less of an opener than Vaughan, he has.
:D

I've been waiting for that. I was starting to think it'd never come. :p

Xuhaib

International Coach
Asif was struggling with his elbow in that series thats why he was bowling 75-80 instead of his usual 82-87 and add to the fact his off-cutter seemed to be hampered with the injury. Today he seemed much better, the ball to Shakib would have accounted for any batsman in the world so I keep my fingers crossed that he will be back to his 82-87 Mph speeds.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For those who don't know who Alec Funkotron is, he's a member that these forums:

EDIT: No advertising Morgie.

Last edited by a moderator: