• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My prime ministers xl

brockley

International Captain
In view of the world cup,the vb series,the test series i would pick the following team for the first game of the english tour for the prime ministers xl.BTW i would give phil jaques the gloves in this game,and look at he or mike hussey being the reserve wicket keeper at the world cup frees up a spot for another batsmen or bowler.Henriques in casw watson breaks down this season,we know hopes can't cut it.
Prime ministers xl
p jaques.
m cosgrove
b hodge
m clarke captain
s marsh
s watson
c white
m henriques
s clark
m johnson
d cullen
12th man d bollinger.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can Jaques actually keep or are you just guessing? I never heard anything about him being a wicket keeper in any shape or form, and I dont think Haddin is bad enough as a backup keeper-batsman to resort to just throwing the gloves to the next batsman available..

brockley

International Captain
Phil jaques joined wests as a teenager as batsmen that could keep,he quickley developed into a wicket keepr batsmen,but then chucked the keeping when his batting took off.
I am sure haddin will get plenty of chances when gilchrist retires,as i said it gives australia an extra reserve at the world cup,an extra batsmen or extra pace bowler would come in useful at the world cup.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lloyd-george
churchill
atlee
macdonald
major
pitt the younger
disreali
palmerston
duke of wellington
salisbury
wilson

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
aussie tragic said:
:laugh: How come thatcher doesn't get a game
Suspended for 6 weeks, IIRC.

Actually, it shouldn't be too hard to find XI premiers - England had 3 Aus ones at one stage in the mid90's in Malcolm, Gough & Fraser.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Oh, the fun you can have thanks to an omitted apostrophe. I was actually planning to make the same post. Don't know what that says about the Exeter water...

And it does say "Prime Ministers XL". That's 40...

brockley said:
In view of the world cup,the vb series,the test series i would pick the following team for the first game of the english tour for the prime ministers xl.BTW i would give phil jaques the gloves in this game,and look at he or mike hussey being the reserve wicket keeper at the world cup frees up a spot for another batsmen or bowler.Henriques in casw watson breaks down this season,we know hopes can't cut it.
Prime ministers xl
p jaques.
m cosgrove
b hodge
m clarke captain
s marsh
s watson
c white
m henriques
s clark
m johnson
d cullen
12th man d bollinger.
looks like a decent line up but i would throw a few more youngsters to the wolves

brockley

International Captain
Hankering for a spot jack :laugh: .
Is the institite series over :-O .
I read somewhere that cricket australia wanted 1 strongly to defeat england in the first game apply pressure and 2 give players a warm up to the test match.
But yes it is usually more experiemental.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
grecian said:
lloyd-george
churchill
atlee
macdonald
major
pitt the younger
disreali
palmerston
duke of wellington
salisbury
wilson
A brilliant opening partnership and a very solid number 3.