Thread: Sourav Ganguly Reentry into cricket welcomed or not??

Cricket Spectator

Sourav Ganguly Reentry into cricket welcomed or not??

Hi Frienz,
    The World cup is going on in few months.Here the Question is The Indian Ex.Caption Sourav ganguly is trying to reenter into Indian Cricket Team.Just tell me ur opinions whether his Rerntry into Indian Cricket team is welcomed or not..??

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    I would love to see him back in the team, with the amout of OD experience he carries, but i doubt he would be given the opportunity..
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    He should not be kept out of the side just because a dozen people want him to be out !

AND he should not be taken into the side just because millions want him to be in !!

Saurav should play on merit not on past glory or because he was our most successful captain and all such mushy BS. Today he doesnt merit a place in the side. He has never in his entire first class career been in worse form.

If and when he does get back to top form and is deserving of a place he MUST be chosen.

Till then we should stop discussing Indian cricket only in the context of Mr Saurav Chandidas Ganguly's playing or not.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    He hasnt really done anythign special in county cricket to be given another chance, however, since he does haf over 10 000 runs and is 3rd in the most sixes in a career list, i think a chance in the champions trophy shud do justice.

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator
    He hasnt really done anythign special in county cricket to be given another chance, however, since he does haf over 10 000 runs and is 3rd in the most sixes in a career list, i think a chance in the champions trophy shud do justice.

He aint in form, so i would disagree wiith you.. If he did have a decent county stint then i would be definitely saying he deserves another chance..

I agree. If he gets runs fair enough he is proven quality at the international level.
    The only other situation he could come into the side is if there are loads of injurys or if people like Yuvraj and Raina etc. start to fail (Both which seem unlikely). Even after such events it would seem a step backward to select Ganguly and not another young batsman instead.

It doesn't matter how many guys get injured, Ganguly shouldn't be in the national side until he's in top form and scoring runs. His fielding is an issue and his being in the team will be a distraction, so he better come ready with the runs and lots of them. If Yuvraj and Raina got injured, I'd look to Sharma, Rao, Mongia, Badani, Gambhir and even someone like Pujara before an out-of-form Ganguly. He deserves a chance in the Challenger Trophy though, regardless of form.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    It doesn't matter how many guys get injured, Ganguly shouldn't be in the national side until he's in top form and scoring runs. His fielding is an issue and his being in the team will be a distraction, so he better come ready with the runs and lots of them. If Yuvraj and Raina got injured, I'd look to Sharma, Rao, Mongia, Badani, Gambhir and even someone like Pujara before an out-of-form Ganguly. He deserves a chance in the Challenger Trophy though, regardless of form.
    isnt that wut i said..............

R_D
    No. You said Champions Trophy. I assume you meant ICC Champions trophy which is International series.
    Challenger Trophy is the domestic series where they pick best out of different zones i think not exactly sure how it works. But if you perform well in it, good chance of you being noticed by the selectors.

As for Ganguly like everyone said If he starts pilling on runs than i don't see why he shouldn't be given a chance again.

if he is able to get back into anything resembling his vintage one day form, he could still be an asset to the one day side as an opener, his fielding will still be a liability though....

Banned
    i wouldnt mind him screwing up the Indian team again

The Champions Trophy is an international competition, like a mini-World Cup. The Challenger Trophy is a domestic competition which involves three teams encompassing the top 39 players in the nation, in effect giving them a chance to stake their claim for a call-up.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    He should be back only on merit. And BTW, the Challenger Trophy is being held at Chennai. Yay.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

It's time to move on. He has't done anything special to deserve this thread, forget deserving a spot in India XI.
    Last edited by Sanz; 05-09-2006 at 08:24 AM.

Thread Information