• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sourav Ganguly Reentry into cricket welcomed or not??

chsuresh

Cricket Spectator
Hi Frienz,
The World cup is going on in few months.Here the Question is The Indian Ex.Caption Sourav ganguly is trying to reenter into Indian Cricket Team.Just tell me ur opinions whether his Rerntry into Indian Cricket team is welcomed or not..??

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I would love to see him back in the team, with the amout of OD experience he carries, but i doubt he would be given the opportunity..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He should not be kept out of the side just because a dozen people want him to be out !

AND he should not be taken into the side just because millions want him to be in !!

Saurav should play on merit not on past glory or because he was our most successful captain and all such mushy BS. Today he doesnt merit a place in the side. He has never in his entire first class career been in worse form.

If and when he does get back to top form and is deserving of a place he MUST be chosen.

Till then we should stop discussing Indian cricket only in the context of Mr Saurav Chandidas Ganguly's playing or not.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
He hasnt really done anythign special in county cricket to be given another chance, however, since he does haf over 10 000 runs and is 3rd in the most sixes in a career list, i think a chance in the champions trophy shud do justice.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Turbinator said:
He hasnt really done anythign special in county cricket to be given another chance, however, since he does haf over 10 000 runs and is 3rd in the most sixes in a career list, i think a chance in the champions trophy shud do justice.

He aint in form, so i would disagree wiith you.. If he did have a decent county stint then i would be definitely saying he deserves another chance..

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
I agree. If he gets runs fair enough he is proven quality at the international level.
The only other situation he could come into the side is if there are loads of injurys or if people like Yuvraj and Raina etc. start to fail (Both which seem unlikely). Even after such events it would seem a step backward to select Ganguly and not another young batsman instead.

adharcric

International Coach
It doesn't matter how many guys get injured, Ganguly shouldn't be in the national side until he's in top form and scoring runs. His fielding is an issue and his being in the team will be a distraction, so he better come ready with the runs and lots of them. If Yuvraj and Raina got injured, I'd look to Sharma, Rao, Mongia, Badani, Gambhir and even someone like Pujara before an out-of-form Ganguly. He deserves a chance in the Challenger Trophy though, regardless of form.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
It doesn't matter how many guys get injured, Ganguly shouldn't be in the national side until he's in top form and scoring runs. His fielding is an issue and his being in the team will be a distraction, so he better come ready with the runs and lots of them. If Yuvraj and Raina got injured, I'd look to Sharma, Rao, Mongia, Badani, Gambhir and even someone like Pujara before an out-of-form Ganguly. He deserves a chance in the Challenger Trophy though, regardless of form.
isnt that wut i said..............

R_D

International Debutant
Turbinator said:
No. You said Champions Trophy. I assume you meant ICC Champions trophy which is International series.
Challenger Trophy is the domestic series where they pick best out of different zones i think not exactly sure how it works. But if you perform well in it, good chance of you being noticed by the selectors.

As for Ganguly like everyone said If he starts pilling on runs than i don't see why he shouldn't be given a chance again.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if he is able to get back into anything resembling his vintage one day form, he could still be an asset to the one day side as an opener, his fielding will still be a liability though....

adharcric

International Coach
Turbinator said:
The Champions Trophy is an international competition, like a mini-World Cup. The Challenger Trophy is a domestic competition which involves three teams encompassing the top 39 players in the nation, in effect giving them a chance to stake their claim for a call-up.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It's time to move on. He has't done anything special to deserve this thread, forget deserving a spot in India XI.

Last edited: