• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Darrell Hair Ok to be on the International Panel ?

Should Darrell Hair continue as ODI Umpire ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legglancer

State Regular
vic_orthdox said:
Excuse my ignorance / mental blank, but what did Hookes do to cheat?
I did not say Hookes cheated ..... Infact if not for him we would not have even known how the ACB was covering up the fact that Warne and Mark Waugh was dealing with bookmakers and providing them with Information for cash .... which was infact match fixing. The ACB just hushed the matter up and gave them a slap on the wrist.

Swervy

International Captain
Legglancer said:
I did not say Hookes cheated ..... Infact if not for him we would not have even known how the ACB was covering up the fact that Warne and Mark Waugh was dealing with bookmakers and providing them with Information for cash .... which was infact match fixing. The ACB just hushed the matter up and gave them a slap on the wrist.
sorry...have I missed something????

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Legglancer said:
No, they took gambling chips from a bloke who then asked them for a weather report for an upcoming game. Anybody with an IQ above 3 would've realised where it would eventually lead and that's where it stopped.

Dumb but not match-fixing.

The ACB, meanwhile, handled the whole thing like the rank amateurs they were.

Legglancer said:
Mark Waugh
Shane Warne
Glen Magrath
Darran Lehmann

Recently Dean Jones
U've probably forgootten Dennis"I bowl brilliantly on Australian greentops but I just can't take wickets in tough subcontinent conditions"Lillee &
Marsh+,who admitted that had fixed the Old Trafford? test of 1981 Ashes Series which England won even after the follow-on being imposed by Australia.

Swervy

International Captain
BhupinderSingh said:
U've probably forgootten Dennis"I bowl brilliantly on Australian greentops but I just can't take wickets in tough subcontinent conditions"Lillee &
Marsh+,who admitted that had fixed the Old Trafford? test of 1981 Ashes Series which England won even after the follow-on being imposed by Australia.
clueless

Legglancer

State Regular
social said:
No, they took gambling chips from a bloke who then asked them for a weather report for an upcoming game. Anybody with an IQ above 3 would've realised where it would eventually lead and that's where it stopped.

Dumb but not match-fixing.

The ACB, meanwhile, handled the whole thing like the rank amateurs they were.
Oh really ... I guess people will pay THOUSANDS of $$$s for Weather Reports that are freely available to Any One.....:laugh: :laugh: Weather Reports were in fact code for match fixing and those two should have been kicked out of the game long time ago.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
After all this talk from certain quarters in this thread about the Aussies being demon sledgers & poor sports generally Ali Cook's column in The Telegraph (I don't usually read it, I swear, but it has its Fantasy Football in on Wednesdays...) made interesting reading. Link here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2006/09/13/sccook13.xml

He says of his time in WA:

"I played grade cricket for a club called Willerton and was surprised – even a bit disappointed – that I didn't get sledged. I had heard plenty of stuff about grade cricket being an absolute free-for-all, but in fact it was pretty quiet."

Give a dog a bad name tho....

Swervy

International Captain
Legglancer said:
Oh really ... I guess people will pay THOUSANDS of $$$s for Weather Reports that are freely available to Any One.....:laugh: :laugh: Weather Reports were in fact code for match fixing and those two should have been kicked out of the game long time ago.
and you know that for a fact then do you????

Heres one for you...Wasim and Waqar, Imran etc should have been kicked out of the game for ball tampering....of course its just speculation on my part, but what the hell, who needs evidence

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BhupinderSingh said:
You what?

During Lillee's career Australia had almost no asian tours organised, and missed some of those due to injury.

As for the admitting fixing, you're talking complete codswallop.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh, Marc. Don't you know saying "I bet on the Headingley match" is in fact code for "I fixed the Old Trafford" match.

Once you know the code, its quite easy to translate:ph34r:

Legglancer

State Regular
Swervy said:
and you know that for a fact then do you????

Heres one for you...Wasim and Waqar, Imran etc should have been kicked out of the game for ball tampering....of course its just speculation on my part, but what the hell, who needs evidence
Missing the point again are we ? did the PCB cover up Wasim and Waqar ? As for evidence Warne And Mark Waugh admitted they received $ 5000.00 each in exchange for so called "weather reports" .