• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team rules in which department?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I want your thoughts on which team is the best in each of the different departments. The different departments are Batting, Bowling, Fielding, Fitness, and Mental.

My thoughts......

Batting:.......................Winner - Australia..........................RunnerUp - India

Bowling:.....................Winner - Pakistan....................................RunnerUp - Australia

Fielding:................Winner - Australia..........................................RunnerUp - India (thx to Chappell)

Fitness:.............................Winner - India (look at how much cricket they play and still dont suffer many injuries, India probably has the most packed schedule)..............................RunnerUp - Australia

Mental:.....................Winner - Australia........................................RunnerUp - South Africa/England

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blimey, england are doing really badly here, but luckily enough we're the second best country in the world, rankings and actuality:D

R_D

International Debutant
India's batting isn't that great anymore. Sure the players are the same but most of them apart from Dravid seem out of sorts. Sachin's been injured and Laxman turns upto play once every 10 matches or so and the rest aren't any good at least in tests. Dravid and Sehwag to some extent have been carrying india's batting for a long time now.
Pakistan seem to have better middle order than india.

Allrounder list- Winner Pakistan, Afridi, Razzaq, Malik and Hafeez ? They certainly seem to have alot of all-rounders in the team.

Mentality- i wouldn't put SA second in that either. England yeah and maybe NZ.

adharcric

International Coach
I'm assuming all the teams are at full-strength.
Batting .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: India
Bowling .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: Pakistan
Pace Bowling .......... Winner: England ..... Runner-up: Pakistan (over Australia)
Spin Bowling .......... Winner: Sri Lanka ..... Runner-up: India (over Australia)
Fielding .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: South Africa (over India)
Mental Toughness .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: South Africa

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Fielding:.................RunnerUp - India (thx to Chappell)

really??? what about NZ? or even SA, Eng

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
India's batting isn't paticularly reliable any more - not since Laxman and Tendulkar went off the boil.

Pakistan have an excellent middle order but their openers a big issue.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
adharcric said:
I'm assuming all the teams are at full-strength.
Spin Bowling .......... Winner: Sri Lanka ..... Runner-up: India (over Australia)
lol... u aren't serious are u? i think it's clear cut that Sri Lanka and Australia are streets ahead of anyone third

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
Slats4ever said:
lol... u aren't serious are u? i think it's clear cut that Sri Lanka and Australia are streets ahead of anyone third

I wouldn't say it's streets ahead by any means. ANil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh in tandem
are not exactly a combination to scoff at.
They have over 700 wickets between....that's gotta count for something IMO.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gajanayake said:
I wouldn't say it's streets ahead by any means. ANil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh in tandem
are not exactly a combination to scoff at.
They have over 700 wickets between....that's gotta count for something IMO.
Warne and MacGill have almost 900 wickets between them.

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
andyc said:
Warne and MacGill have almost 900 wickets between them.
Sure they do (883 to 771 to be precise).....and I never actually said that KUmble and Harbhajan were the outright best -- all I said was I don't think there's as clear a gap as slatsforever seemed to suggest.
Harbhajan and Kumble are a fearsome spin combo in their own right.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Slats4ever said:
How exactly streets ahead? Australia is certainly not ahead of India (and I'm guessing Sri Lanka as well) in terms of depth. I can see ranking Australia and Sri Lanka ahead because of Warne and Murali, but after those two the others aren't great by any means.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
errr NZ are easily in the top 3 at least for fielding..they're certainly above India.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
We rate highly on the pluckiness scale.

We also rank near the top when it comes to making adult-themed milkshakes.