• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you faced Shane Warne what would you do?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`d get out bloody quickly, but before I did, there`s hope I`d block and drive a few. :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably just close my eyes and swing. Pretty much the same method as usual.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Pad away anything outside leg stump.

Pad out anything on the stumps.

Pad away anything outside off stump while randomly flailing my bat above my head (playing a shot).

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I would go after him,And trade insults. Get his mind of the game (if you could)

EG: Hows the wife.. Oh right...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I wud do wat Tendulkar did to him!

After that Shane addmitted he had nightmares about him!

I can't seem to find the video where tendulkar hit him all accross the ground.

Don

State Vice-Captain
on my way to the crease i wud fart near his face and step on his toe. with all the distractions he wud bowl me a pie and i wud still be bowled

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Don said:
on my way to the crease i wud fart near his face and step on his toe. with all the distractions he wud bowl me a pie and i wud still be bowled

Finally, an honest man.

Just a note to all the idiots in this thread: If it was possible to just block and see him off, then he wouldn't have 650 international wickets. Test quality batsman tend to be slightly better than you when it comes to blocking.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Take his autograph on my bat, and wait for him deliver the ball, as soon as he bowls, catch the ball and run away.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Take his autograph on my bat, and wait for him deliver the ball, as soon as he bowls, catch the ball and run away.
:laugh: That's probably the best approach!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Speaking of Warne, just read on cricinfo his description of the "boot camp" that Buchanan ran. I would say it's a bit...extreme. I'm all for bonding and getting in shape, but through a military style camp???

I was shattered. But just as the night went silent, voices screamed: "Go, go, go!". What on earth was going on? A stun-bomb had gone off, and we were told the area wasn't safe. We had to move. Now. There were no torches or directions.
All we had been given for dinner was half a can of chunky soup, so our energy reserves were low after pulling vans and carrying litres of water. But we had to go. It was time to prove our mental resolve and move to a different location.

Welcome to the Australian cricket squad's boot camp in regional Queensland, a time where we had only been referred to as numbers, not names, and weren't allowed to communicate with the outside world.

Despite voicing his indifference to the idea beforehand, Warne said "there's no doubt it brought the group closer together."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20295389-5006069,00.html

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
am for the 1st couple of balls play with respect & if possibly i begin to read what he's bowling i'd begin to play a few shots i.e sweep, on drive. If not just try to survive.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
am for the 1st couple of balls play with respect & if possibly i begin to read what he's bowling i'd begin to play a few shots i.e sweep, on drive. If not just try to survive.
Right !! like you are gonna last 1st couple of balls. :unsure:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd block a few balls and then attempt a slog thereby getting out to Pickup.....8-)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie said:
am for the 1st couple of balls play with respect & if possibly i begin to read what he's bowling i'd begin to play a few shots i.e sweep, on drive.

England could use someone like you. Cause apparently you > English batsman.