• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne to retire after Ashes?

Alysum

U19 Debutant
Article

I thought he was going to keep going on to the Ashes 2009 :( like McGrath I think he should keep going on until his body can keep up! He's playing so well at the moment....

FRAZ

International Captain
I am afraid but thats it !!!! Its his time and so is for murali (hmmm one more year is fine for him ) ... Other bowlers gotta have at least some sort of a finite figures to break the records to be very honest .

Tormented

Cricket Spectator
Hasn't he already announced his intentions to play until the 2009 Ashes series? He definately wont be retiring after the 2006/2007 ashes series.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
He said on the news tonight that the newspapers were wrong, he's feeling great, enjoying his cricket and that he has not made any descision to quit. Maybe after the Ashes tour in 2009 but nothing short term.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Hes still taking wickets like no other leggie in world cricket and with the decline of the Aussie pacers they need him more than ever, i guess he will play till 2009

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I reckon he'll go on for as long as he likes myself; genius writes its own rules, as they say.

While he's still interested (and you just know he loves the limelight) & his shoulder holds together he'll be there embarrassing Pommie batsmen. Could see him playing in his 40s quite easily.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
BoyBrumby said:
I reckon he'll go on for as long as he likes myself; genius writes its own rules, as they say.

While he's still interested (and you just know he loves the limelight) & his shoulder holds together he'll be there embarrassing Pommie batsmen. Could see him playing in his 40s quite easily.
The prospect is terrifying and cool in equal measure.