Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First West Indies, then Australia....who next?

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar

First West Indies, then Australia....who next?

first came the dominance of the west indies, then australia.........rest haf so far only played second fiddle to these teams...............whos turn is it next?

IMO i truly believe it cud be India's turn under dravid and sehhwag.................or Pakistan under younis khan!!!!!!!!!

First West Indies, then Australia....who next?

First came the dominance of the west indies, then australia.........rest haf so far only played second fiddle to these teams...............whos turn is it next?

IMO i truly believe it cud be India's turn under dravid and sehhwag.................or Pakistan under younis khan!!!!!!!!!

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    England.

I think sooner or later India must become the number one team, purely on grounds of the playing resources at their disposal. Think it'll be medium/long term tho.

In the short term my guess is that Oz will hang on to their undisputed title for a couple or three years yet & then there may be an interregnum where no one is clearly the number one.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Banned
    Australia will rule the show for the next 10 years it has closed up but get ready for it to come back out

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    The West Indies dominated because of their pace attack.
    Australia because of McGrath and Warne (and to a lesser extent Gillespie plus support).

India and Pakistan won't dominate until they have an attack that can regularly take 20 Australian, English or South African wickets away from the subcontinent.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Australia because of McGrath and Warne (and to a lesser extent Gillespie plus support).
    I think the production line of aussie 50+ batsmen helped a tad...

Banned
    it did indeeed the whole team is a joy to watch! when compilign 100's and 5 for's

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup

India and Pakistan won't dominate until they have an attack that can regularly take 20 Australian, English or South African wickets away from the subcontinent.

PLZZZZZZZZZ dont include England in this...........England IMO are HIGHLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overrated. India and pakistan both can regularly i believe take 20 english wickets even IN England. South africa is not such a great test team btw. And australia well, remember the 2003/2004 tests series between India and Australia in Australia. I agree that was a one time thing but hey wut can u say its Australia we're talkign bout. But all in all England and South africa in no means are better test playing nations then India and Pak.

Banned
    just a word of caution dont do the PLZZZZZZZ and the HIGHLYYYYYYY it just annoys more people and distrupts the argument

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance
    just a word of caution dont do the PLZZZZZZZ and the HIGHLYYYYYYY it just annoys more people and distrupts the argument

Cheers

sryy man ..........jus to use to it from like other forums where they do it alot..........but yea ill watch out

International Captain
    West Indies dominated because a lot of fast bowlers just happen to appear in a short space of time.
    Australia dominate due to putting a structure in place designed to give their sportsman the best chance of success. There's no reason to suppose that their dominance is about to end, Shane Warne maybe 36 but he could easily go on for another 4 years.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator
    India and pakistan both can regularly i believe take 20 english wickets even IN England.
    Pakistan I won't argue with, at full strength (Gul, Shoaib, Kaneria, Asif) they could probably do it (see our abandoned farce), but India? Kumble's barely been effective outside the subcontinent, Pathan is even more on-and-off than Harmison, and the other seamers are unproven to say the least.

Last time India were in England, they took 55 wickets in 4 Tests. England's batting then included John Crawley, an old-school Flintoff, Robert Key and Mark Butcher (at various points). They've been replaced by Ian Bell, Alastair Cook and Paul Collingwood, who have all scored heavily against India and Pakistan in recent times. Meanwhile, India have replaced old seamers Zaheer and Agarkar with various permutations of Munaf/Sreesanth/Yuvraj/RP Singh. I'm struggling to see how that's much better?
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    Pakistan I won't argue with, at full strength (Gul, Shoaib, Kaneria, Asif) they could probably do it (see our abandoned farce), but India? Kumble's barely been effective outside the subcontinent, Pathan is even more on-and-off than Harmison, and the other seamers are unproven to say the least.

Last time India were in England, they took 55 wickets in 4 Tests. England's batting then included John Crawley, an old-school Flintoff, Robert Key and Mark Butcher (at various points). They've been replaced by Ian Bell, Alastair Cook and Paul Collingwood, who have all scored heavily against India and Pakistan in recent times. Meanwhile, India have replaced old seamers Zaheer and Agarkar with various permutations of Munaf/Sreesanth/Yuvraj/RP Singh. I'm struggling to see how that's much better?
    Watch next year when India tour England in the summer, watch and you'll see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson
    West Indies dominated because a lot of fast bowlers just happen to appear in a short space of time.
    Australia dominate due to putting a structure in place designed to give their sportsman the best chance of success. There's no reason to suppose that their dominance is about to end, Shane Warne maybe 36 but he could easily go on for another 4 years.
    Lillian

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23212,00.html

sorry for posting another news site but relevant for discussion

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information