• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Asian Cricketer Ever

Who do u think is the greatest Asian cricketer ever?

• Vijay Hazare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vinoo Mankad

• Zaheer Abbas

• Hanif Mohammad

• Fazal Mahmood

• Saeed Anwar

• Inzamam-Ul-Haq

• Chandershekhar

• Sarfaraz Nawaz

• Anil Kumble

• Shoaib Mohammad

• Abdul Qadir

• Saqlain Mushtaq

• Lalu Amaranath

• Mohammad Yousuf

• Arjuna Ranatunga

• Bishen Singh Bedi

• Moin Khan

• Total voters

SA

Banned
Who do u think is the greatest Asian cricketer ever? I think it has be Imran Khan. I think Wasim Akram,Sunil Gavaskar, Muttiah Muralitharan, Sachin Tendulkar,Javed Miandad,Zaheer Abbas,Hanif Mohammad & Kapil Dev are the guys who would come close to him.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin by a long way .

IMO - 1 Sachin

Day light

2 Imran

3 Kapil Dev = Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram

4 Gavaskar, Murali, Bedi, Kumble , Chandrasekhar, Dravid ...

Others

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Murali overshadows every one so far I think. On Ranji - he never even played in India I think and it is a pity the Ranji Trophy is named after him.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Murali, Sachin and Wasim Akram are the best I've ever seen, with Dravid closing the gap every year. However going on what I've read, old footage I've watched and simply reputation, Gavaskar would be up there as well. However Imran's total package must surely have him very very very close. He was a great captain on top of his brilliant all-round skills, so I'd be willing to pick him just ahead of the aforementioned players.

a massive zebra

International Captain
JASON said:
Sachin by a long way .

IMO - 1 Sachin

Day light

2 Imran

3 Kapil Dev = Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram

4 Gavaskar, Murali, Bedi, Kumble , Chandrasekhar, Dravid ...

Others
I would be interested to know what makes you think Tendulkar is so much better than Dravid.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I went with Rahul Dravid, due to his fitness levels, versatility in the batting order, leadership ability, slips fielding excellence, his consistency in performing away from the sub-continent and last of all his elegent batting.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I would say its:

1) Imran/Murali/Sachin

----- DAYLIGHT ----

2) Dravid/Akram/Gavaskar, etc

As for why Sachin is better: Sachin used to score just as much as Dravid does now. Except he did it against better attacks, and he did it faster. However, if Dravid can keep this up for another two-three years, he might overtake Sachin. Right now, he hasn't.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Jono said:
Murali, Sachin and Wasim Akram are the best I've ever seen, with Dravid closing the gap every year. However going on what I've read, old footage I've watched and simply reputation, Gavaskar would be up there as well. However Imran's total package must surely have him very very very close. He was a great captain on top of his brilliant all-round skills, so I'd be willing to pick him just ahead of the aforementioned players.
That would be my reason for picking Imran. I think he just edges Murali and Tendulkar due to him having allrounder and Captain success.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Imran Khan - Great Cricketer, Great Captain, Great Leader, Great Looks ;). Khan was also one of the reasons why we have neutral umpires in the world(not that it makes any difference now a days).

Apart from cricket, I think he has used his status as a cricketer to build a cancer hospital in Pakistan and and a successful political career(I guess Pakistani members can correct me on that).

IMO achieved everything a cricketer can.