• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 14-28 August

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Mr Mxyzptlk – 23,000 Posts
Langeveldt – 18,000 Posts
Neil Pickup – 18,000 Posts
FaaipDeOiad – 10,000 Posts
Steds – 10,000 Posts
Benchmark00 – 6,000 Posts
Mr Casson – 5,000 posts
cricketboy29 – 2,000 Posts
dontcloseyoureyes – 2,000 Posts

We will never try another fortnightly awards again,:@ this last week must have been one of the biggest posting weeks of all time on CW? Thanks to Mr Hair for all of the controversy. As a result most of the awards this week reflect the No.1 topic as discussed on the forum

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Langeveldt for this click here If only, it would have ended up a foot note to a good Pakistani Test victory8-)

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Langeveldt for this click here started some very good debate, lets just hope it never comes to pass:-O

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: steds for this click here a little humour too lighten the mood:happy:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: silentstriker , has been all over the boards this week, and has been into most debates neck deep

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: superkingdave click here Never say never!

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: FRAZ click here another award for you FRAZ :wacko:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: SJS , his knowledge of some of the Indian greats and not so greats is second to none, and has freely shared some of his knowledge this week :cool:

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Neil Pickup some good common sense posting this last fortnight. Has managed some balanced views, which has not been that easy with the motive issues being discussed of late.

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: deeps, some strange ideas, but that is not always a bad thing

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: All subcontinent supporters V non subcontinent supporters here is the first shot fired click here I read page after page of this debate and I was sorry to see (except for a few exceptions) a them V us mentality. Is ‘Racist’ the worst thing you can be labelled in this world now?

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Woah, two awards this week (yet in all likelihood a first round knockout in battle of the members II) Interesting week, should be on less due to my girlfriend being back home (thankfully)

FRAZ

International Captain
That was the only post in my entire life that I wanted to be ignored . Well !!!

What can I say ?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
No, but its certainly the most commonly used "card" that gets played..

Sometimes its an accurate description of an individual, and I do not make such a claim lightly.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
And you are the one who uses it more than others (except Scaly), The only difference is that you use the word 'Asians' in stead of 'racist'

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I would also like to point out that IMHO CW award has lost its credibility with first two choices in this edition. IMO the awards should be scrapped now.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Right, so because you disagree, you want them scrapped? I know it's just your opinion, but that's ridiculous.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think 2 people are just not enough to confer awards with objectivity. Also, who confers it is vital. Not a lot of people like Robbins.

I remember I had an arguement ages back with Marc and put forward my stance and got the vaguest poster next time around! When I expressed by stance again in the awards post, Robbins retorted - that will get you another award or some thing. Heh.

Maybe some other people should do the awards else they are a bit of a joke.

FRAZ

International Captain
Voltman said:
Right, so because you disagree, you want them scrapped? I know it's just your opinion, but that's ridiculous.
ooooooooooo I am shakin too .........

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Its a card played by both parties very well and while Asians and dark skinned individuals get branded for raising issues , IMO the biggest culprits are those of the fairer complexion who use it to their advantage and get away with it.:happy:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Voltman said:
I think a vote may find that there are lot of individuals on the forum who think the same way . But I have decided to ignore these silly awards, while some are obviously giving way too much credibility to these awards . My advice to them is ignore them.. (the awards I mean ) .:happy: Don't give the awards too much importance than they really deserve..:happy:

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
Is it anything other than a ego booster?

_________

Do it once a month, if you may...else some people will run out of signature space (j/k) :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Rajeev said:
Is it anything other than a ego booster?

_________

Do it once a month, if you may...else some people will run out of signature space (j/k) :)
Great avatar , Mate !! A definite Winner in any Avatar battles ...:laugh:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Langeveldt said:
Woah, two awards this week (yet in all likelihood a first round knockout in battle of the members II) Interesting week, should be on less due to my girlfriend being back home (thankfully)

Welldone :) I actually did notice alot more posts than usual.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Wow, what is this? (I've been away...) Great idea - although wouldn't SJS pick up the Sir Geoffrey award every fortnight? ;)

Congrats to the winners.