• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 14-28 August

jot1 said:
I agree with this week's award. The operative words here being INTERESTING and CONTROVERSIAL. It wouldn't have been controversial if everyone agreed, now would it?
I nominate this thread (CW awards for 14-28 Aug.) for the Shane Warne Award next time! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
How about it nominating yourself archie lol

actually its not my first job that was my first job but then i went to maccas then i classify the CW team as a half job and then i work for another cricket company. so there

archie mac

International Coach
Fusion said:
Archie, just my humble opinion, but I think there's so much feedback in this particular instance because you failed to present a "balanced" view. I know the awards are you choice, hence you can pick whatever is "best" accordingly. However, some of the posts you picked as "best of the week" come off as one sided in their portrayal of events the past week. I think it's a good idea that you have urged others to join the panel, and people seem to be responding. Persnonally, I would like to nominate Sanz to the panel, if he agrees ofcourse!
Yes, I seemed to have misjudged it a little. I did search long and hard to find a post that presented both views of the issue, but with no luck. I am not saying that there was not such a post, just that I could not find it, but after two hours I gave up!

Next I tried to find a 'best post' that did not take the whole thing to seriously and I think I found it but it may have been slightly in favour of Mr Hair :huh:

Best thread I still thought was a good debate and had some good arguments put forward and again I hope it never does happen but again I think it is good that we can discuss these things.

I think the real offence was caused because of the poster who submitted these threads/posts rather then the actual threads/posts.

As for the Skull I found it funny and as Inzi is one of favourite batsman I thought it was okay, after all we gave the Skull to Sanz in the last awards and he had a little dig as SA cricket, but again we found it funny.

I agree I think Sanz would be great for the awards, and what about yourself?

Fusion

Global Moderator
archie mac said:
I agree I think Sanz would be great for the awards, and what about yourself?
Thanks Archie, I'm honored. I'm afraid I'll have to politely decline. I'm going to be very busy in the upcoming weeks and months, and would not be able to devote the proper time required. I hope you'll keep me in mind in the future when time permits and you have room for expansion! :)