• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 14-28 August

archie mac

International Coach
Pratyush said:
I think 2 people are just not enough to confer awards with objectivity. Also, who confers it is vital. Not a lot of people like Robbins.

I remember I had an arguement ages back with Marc and put forward my stance and got the vaguest poster next time around! When I expressed by stance again in the awards post, Robbins retorted - that will get you another award or some thing. Heh.

Maybe some other people should do the awards else they are a bit of a joke.
We have been looking for someone to give us a hand for a long time now, but have had no takers.

I would also like to point out that I chose all of the awards this week, not Marc

The first two awards best post and best thread were chosen because:

Best post. I thought this would have turned into a minor matter if Pakistan would have went onto win the Test match and then no evidence was found of ball tampering, and this summed that up pretty well, but yes that was my opinion.

Best thread. While I would personally hate to see a split in World Cricket, I think it a credit to our members that we can discuss these things like adults.

I have fought long and hard too keep these awards going, as the mods were worried they may cause 'bad blood' amongst members, and the first time I put up a controversial post people pull out the knives. I spent two hours this morning going through all of the threads to try and find a 'feel' for the debates that have been raging, and tbh most of them were little more then name calling and silly point scoring.

If Sanz, JASON and others want these awards scrapped that is fine by me :@

pasag

RTDAS
Woah, wait up, we had a feedback thread and the overwhelming majority supported and wanted the awards. If people had grievances it should have been brought up there, not when an award doesn't go their way.

I'd be happy to help out with the awards if you needed me, to try and bring some balance in. :ph34r:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I have no issue with the awards continuing.

But the trend of these awards over several weeks in my opinion shows a lack of balance or appreciation of the genuine contributors to this forum.

Another trend that has been noted, is that anyone who criticises Australia fails to get recognised despite stirling contributions . They also seem to get repeatedly given the silly awards like the INZI award . That is like hounding people for their opinions.

And I don't think that is on , nor is it acceptable.

Rewarding posters with views that support one Country (in particular) or some countries is not a good sign of a Forum which is trying to portray itself as a balanced forum.
There are numerous instances of this , and Archie you know very well as I do, that being given awards by you on these threads in the past, I would not be raising these if I had not felt the need to.

If you want these awards to be taken more genuinely then they need to reflect a balance currently lacking . And Pratyush's suggestion that another one or to others be included in the process of Adjudication is an excellent one.

Some one like SJS , a wise well respected poster respected by all or a similar figure or two would be a use ful measure, IMO in reaching this goal.

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
pasag said:
Woah, wait up, we had a feedback thread and the overwhelming majority supported and wanted the awards. If people had grievances it should have been brought up there, not when an award doesn't go their way.

I'd be happy to help out with the awards if you needed me, to try and bring some balance in. :ph34r:
Yes that would be great, we would like another awards picker-outera (a new word:laugh: )

Yes the feedback was almost all positive, the only negative (and only a little) was the SS award which has since been scrapped.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
pasag said:
I wasn't around during the time that specific thread came up. It is not related to specific award (s) but the personal experience of it has been crap as well.

The awards are inconsistent as far as I am concerned and should be scrapped as it stands right now.

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
I have no issue with the awards continuing.

But the trend of these awards over several weeks in my opinion shows a lack of balance or appreciation of the genuine contributors to this forum.

Another trend that has been noted, is that anyone who criticises Australia fails to get recognised despite stirling contributions . They also seem to get repeatedly given the silly awards like the INZI award . That is like hounding people for their opinions.

And I don't think that is on , nor is it acceptable.

Rewarding posters with views that support one Country (in particular) or some countries is not a good sign of a Forum which is trying to portray itself as a balanced forum.
There are numerous instances of this , and Archie you know very well as I do, that being given awards by you on these threads in the past, I would not be raising these if I had not felt the need to.

If you want these awards to be taken more genuinely then they need to reflect a balance currently lacking . And Pratyush's suggestion that another one or to others be included in the process of Adjudication is an excellent one.

Some one like SJS , a wise well respected poster respected by all or a similar figure or two would be a use ful measure, IMO in reaching this goal.
Well I am more confused :wacko: some examples would be nice, the last Inzi was won by an English supporter and also Neil has won a couple of Inzi's and Greigy's (not to mention Marc winning one). Their was also a Skull that had a go at Aussies using the convict connection. Honestbharni has won the Bradman and many awards besides not to mention you and SJS winning more Boycotts then anyone else on this forum

I think I gave you one of these awards (Greigy?) JASON but thought you new me well enough to know that there was no malice intended. I also had ago at Scaley for being too tough on you. If SJS or anyone wants to help pick the awards they are more than welcome

archie mac

International Coach
Pratyush said:
I wasn't around during the time that specific thread came up. It is not related to specific award (s) but the personal experience of it has been crap as well.

The awards are inconsistent as far as I am concerned and should be scrapped as it stands right now.
Are you basing that on all of the other awards about 20 weeks worth, or just this one? Or is this a Marc and you thing?

archie mac

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
Wow, what is this? (I've been away...) Great idea - although wouldn't SJS pick up the Sir Geoffrey award every fortnight? ;)

Congrats to the winners.
Sometimes he does not post during the whole week :laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
cricketboy29 said:
I think frankly that if SJS was on the panel..There would be no controversy..Respected man he is..
Well he is retired now so maybe he has the time, we would love to have him on board
:cool:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
archie mac said:
Are you basing that on all of the other awards about 20 weeks worth, or just this one?
Inconsistent over all.

Or is this a Marc and you thing?
The Robbins incident I mentioned is one of the factors which showed to me the awards were a joke.

Another aspect - there is always a chance of personal vendetta taken up by awarding the negative award to any one not liked.

yeah in my opinion it is just a bit of light hearted humour that shouldnt be taken sort of seriously as we would like to show respect for what archie does but take it as a bit of fun and looking at a light hearted side of the wonderful Cricket Web