• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is India Over Rated?

magsi23

U19 Debutant
I Think both India and Pakistan are neither over rated nor under rated, they can beat any team on any given day, their problem is consistency, one day they will beat Australia by huge margin next day loose to Bangladesh

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
magsi23 said:
I Think both India and Pakistan are neither over rated nor under rated, they can beat any team on any given day, their problem is consistency, one day they will beat Australia by huge margin next day loose to Bangladesh

I don't think either have ever beat Australia by a huge margin :).

FRAZ

International Captain
Laziness , lack of match fitness , media hype and pressure , outa field activities , unfair selection , unwanted relying upon spinners ,realizing the need of fast and furious bowling very very late and being unable to find any extra ordinary all rounder (bar Dhoni) are Indian problems .

Pakistan's problems are quite basic ones . Their batsmen need technique and brain . Bowling is just wonderful but their selection is just plain stupid , They cannot find any reliable openers and they can falter at any given day , at any given pitch and at any given condition .

Srilanka is over all , feeding on Murali's performances , Srilankan batting is better than India in some cases and way better than Pakistan. And their bowling (bar Murali ) is pretty ordinary IMHO.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
I don't think India are overrated. First of all it depends on what you mean by rated. Do you mean what the cricketing world as a whole thinks of them or the Indian press. I think generally India has always been known as a team with a top quality batting line up which has been proven over the years, an average bowling attack bar the spinners, but overall a decent team. India have not been tipped as favourites in many series and have lost very few series where they were favourites. They have had moderate success, which is just about right for a team which is striving (expermenting) to become one of the best in the future. The team may seem over hyped due to expectations within India. Just like every other team in world cricket the local people rate the home team highly, in India I think the people rate their team as the best in the world and are then disappointed when they see results which are not as successful as they think they ought to be