• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sky Coverage

grants girl

Cricket Spectator
Can anyone out there tell me why Sky now seem to favour Ian "I know it all" Ward in favour of Charles Colvile.

I love watching cricket but would prefer Charles back:wub:

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Nope.

I dont know why, Charles was doing a great job, Weather Charles has said he wants a less frequent role or something

The best thing about MR Coalville is he is the only one who sounds remotely enthusiastic. In the twenty20 cup, I thought he was going to spontaneously combust

grants girl

Cricket Spectator
Tomm NCCC said:
Nope.

I dont know why, Charles was doing a great job, Weather Charles has said he wants a less frequent role or something

The best thing about MR Coalville is he is the only one who sounds remotely enthusiastic. In the twenty20 cup, I thought he was going to spontaneously combust

He's a real miss. I love the stupid things he says and the way he gets over enthusiastic.

Ian Ward had all the enthusiasm of a plank.

Bring back Charles Sky

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Colville for me. A commentary team always needs one person that has no experience of first class cricket IMO.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
:laugh: The "THAT'S HUGE!!!! Oh, no it isn't..." is legendary.

I also like the way Colville doesn't take himself as seriously as Ward seems to (I remember him once starting off an article with the words "I, in all probability, am a complete prat.")

However, I like Ward aswell.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
grants girl said:
Can anyone out there tell me why Sky now seem to favour Ian "I know it all" Ward in favour of Charles Colvile.
Because Colville's a poncey, southern, public schoolboy sort who neither talks sense nor manages to talk his nonsense in a bearable accent.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
They should give the presenters slot to Charlie Dagnall, anyone remeber him in commentary about a year ago on Sky Sports? his voice is 'unique'

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Tomm NCCC said:
They should give the presenters slot to Charlie Dagnall, anyone remeber him in commentary about a year ago on Sky Sports? his voice is 'unique'
Even bigger prat than Colville from what I remember.