• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Soth Africa ball tampered in 1997

Barney Rubble said:
yes totally agree Barney childish act South Africa may have ball tampered but they have not proven it it is just a claim

and mentioning Australia and England has no relevance to the topic btw you are an Australian if you live in Lakemba these countries had absolutely nothign to do with the Topic

Salamuddin

International Debutant
AussieDominance said:
yes totally agree Barney childish act South Africa may have ball tampered but they have not proven it it is just a claim

and mentioning Australia and England has no relevance to the topic btw you are an Australian if you live in Lakemba these countries had absolutely nothign to do with the Topic

So where is the proof that Pakistan ball tampered at the Oval ?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:

I'm not the one who thinks Engand's cricketers were so disvantaged on the subcontinent....because they stayed in five star hotels like the Taj....yup really tough life there 8-) 8-)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Salamuddin said:
I'm not the one who thinks Engand's cricketers were so disvantaged on the subcontinent....because they stayed in five star hotels like the Taj....yup really tough life there 8-) 8-)
When the hell did I say they were disadvantaged? All I said is they don't enjoy touring the subcontinent, which is backed up by things the players themselves said at the time. Get your facts right. 8-)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
AussieDominance said:

Well if I'm not mistaken Bracken accused the English team of ball tampering in last year's Ashes didn't he ?
And a few other Aussies admitted off the record that they though England were tampering with the ball during the course of that series.

Darren Lehmann was caught picking at the seam during a ODi in Sydney a couple of years ago --- something Tony GReig was quick to latch onto but as usual Dazza was left alone by the match referees....

My point is I've read al lot of literature (e.g the Sydney morning Herald editoral from a couple of days ago) where people have implied that is a typical Pakistani trait... other teams are also likely to have been guilty of it.

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
When the hell did I say they were disadvantaged? All I said is they don't enjoy touring the subcontinent, which is backed up by things the players themselves said at the time. Get your facts right. 8-)

You also said the hotels weren'tr good.....which is a load of rubbish....beacuse England got to stay at hotels like the Taj and Claridge's which aren't exactly shoddy motels 8-)

yes he did but it was not a proven point was it Lehmann was caught for being racist at Sri Lankans he was caught so what is your point about Dazza being left alone all the time if you have read a lot of literature why can't you spell Sydney Morning Herald no other team except the Pakistanis and Indian have been proved of doing it

Salamuddin said:
You also said the hotels weren'tr good.....which is a load of rubbish....beacuse England got to stay at hotels like the Taj and Claridge's which aren't exactly shoddy motels 8-)
I think your getting motels and hotels mixed up!:laugh:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
AussieDominance said:
yes he did but it was not a proven point was it Lehmann was caught for being racist at Sri Lankans he was caught so what is your point about Dazza being left alone all the time if you have read a lot of literature why can't you spell Sydney Morning Herald no other team except the Pakistanis and Indian have been proved of doing it

Err...didn't Atherton tamper with the ball. He isn't Indian or Pakistani as far as I know.....:laugh: :laugh:

And now a respected match referee has come out and said that the South Africans were guilty of it......some people really need to come off their high horses.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Salamuddin said:
Yes, I did say that. I was wrong. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's totally irrelevant to this thread. 8-)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
AussieDominance said:
well you really need to as well mate making a claim that Australian's have ball tampered where is the proof and Atherton was not proved he got fined $2,000 for having dirt in his pocket see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/1511763.stm

Well I really don't see the difference between what ATherton did and what Tendulkar diod in RSa 2001.
If Tendullkar ball tampered then, then surely Atherton did the same.

If you're altering the condition of the bal;l in a non-permitted way, then you are ball tampering. Atherton ball tampered. Period.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
Yes, I did say that. I was wrong. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's totally irrelevant to this thread. 8-)
Well I didn't say it was relevant did I....I brought it up sarcastically beacuse you asked me to grow up when you of all people though poor England had such a dreadful; time of it on the subcontinent . 8-)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
AussieDominance said:
he was accused but not proven
You're picking at nits.

He was fined so technically he breached the rules in the same way that guys like Dravid And Tendulkar did - so if Tendulkar and Dravid ball tampered, so did ATherton and hence an English player has ball tampered.