• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

School Cricket

nibbs

International Captain
My team gave Kelston a real hiding on the weekend. Its a two day game.

We made 147AO and I made 19. Should never have got out. I wasn't happy. Then we rolled Kelston for 31. We are now 25/0 pushing for a big win.:ticking:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Biggest hiding we have ever dished out is against Mount House in SW England. We hit 321-3, and skittled them all out for 32.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
When I was at Primary School playing Kwik Cricket my school hit 250 off 16 overs (this is really 150 you start on 100) and I hit 42 off them pretty big for KC.

They hit 152 in reply...my figures 2-0-6-1.

We won by 98 runs.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
My comp has some pretty weak teams. Against one team we got 7/357d. (54), then bowled them out for 18 in about 20 minutes to win on first innings by 339 runs (second day rained out) :blink: I got 1/0 off 2 balls. In another match we bowled them out for 42 - I got 1/6 (2), then scored 4/158d. (25), then bowled them out for 60 (I got 4/0 from 8 balls). Innings victory inside one day. In a one-day match against a different team we scored 6/380 off 40 overs (rain-reduced), I got 4* off 1 ball. Bowled them out for 75 (I got 2/16). Close matches are always best though.

Sudeep

International Captain
Back in 7th grade, we made it to the semi-final of a tournament, in which we required 107 in 15 overs. We got to 108 in just 8 overs, remains one of my all-time favorite matches. In the process we lost 8 wickets, but the amount of time in which we chased down the target was absolutely phenomenal. And yours truly got to hit the winning runs. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i coached the year 7/8 team for our school and we won the premiership!! bloody unreal i tells ya.
homebush were are main rivals. in main competition we played them twice. the first time we played we won via a foreit because they believed we cheated on the scores (we didnt :@ ). next time we played they won by 2 runs. not fun. an average total for these guys is about 80, 90 odd. 100 plus is awesome.
needless to say we played them in the final. they sent us in to bat, conditions even. one of our openers, hamal, had scored 3 50s in 6 innings. not bad considering an average total is that of 80, 90. he got out for two, very good catch, but still. anywhoo we were dying. 7/25 TO BE EXACT. and then our keeper (cameron) and a bowler (oly) came on and we got to 89/9. cameron who had not scored more than 9 all season got 26* and oly made 20 off 15.
then they batted. our opener shaun bowled 3 wides the first 3 balls. i called him off for a quick chat and he went around the wicket. he finished with figures of 1/13 off 6. however our left-arm fast bowler, oly, took 5/9 off 6. we were stoked and i got awards, etc. NEVER COACHING AGAIN. :D

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Weve got a pretty good circuit this year.. We got beaten by Millfield (the UK's premier sporting college) , Sherborne and Canford College.. Weve got Blundell's next week..

Unfortunatly the state colleges we play always get rolled over without a fight.. Which is a shame because it highlights the massive inequalities in English cricket... I havent been out against them yet, hit an 80* off 54 balls at number eight... and average 6 with the ball against them... Something needs to be done really because the whole situation sucks...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Advocating private supply of air to people, then, Rich?

On the grounds that whilst 10% of people benefit, the other 90% suffer.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Advocating private supply of air to people, then, Rich?

On the grounds that whilst 10% of people benefit, the other 90% suffer.
Suffer?? You must be having an absolte rave Pickup :)

We still pay for the state education system, even though we do not use it... Im sure that is not causing all those kids to suffer..

I agree that there is a disparity between standards, that needs to be addressed, but Im afraid im not buying into the theory that the private sector is the "cause" of it...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Paying for the fantastic facilities in the state sector (!)

In terms of cricket provision, you're paying for what, exactly?

The whole cricket culture in the UK is based around public schools, Harrow, Eton and the Universities and it disenfranchises nine-tenths of the population from the sport. Going back to the kids at Exeter CC, it's about 50-50 state-private split, and the extra time/facilities/provision/coaching that the private school kids get shows. You'll never consistently compete until you have the sport as one of the nation rather than one of the élite.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I do now...

Having not been to state school for 8 years, can't really comment on what the cricket provision is like...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nnanden said:
then they batted. our opener shaun bowled 3 wides the first 3 balls. i called him off for a quick chat and he went around the wicket.

Is that sort of thing allowed in the laws?!

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
My high school has a really good girls cricket team. We made 170-odd in forty overs against another school and we bowled them out for 16