• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

School Cricket

cricket player

International Debutant
HAHAHAHAH

oh man,Behlol I love you man,

4 over game oh my god hahah,how did you manage to take so many wickets in a 4 over game how many players play in a team?

cricket player

International Debutant
So far my season

Overs 28.5
Wickets 9
hatrick 0
average 9.50

Batting
Games 5
highest score 30
average 27
strike rate 60

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
School cricket

My school has been O.K this season, we should have been through to the quarter-finals of the kent league, but (due to numerous rained off matches) they completed the draw before we'd played all the fixtures- thus making us lose at least twenty points.

We only needed to win one game!

Anyway- my batting has been alright for the school, but i think i've bowled 16 maidens out of 22 overs, which is really pleasing, although a lot of the top order batsmen bat like rabbits.

My club has been doing really well latley though- we have a simple tactic-

1. Win the toss
2. Bat first
3. Score 150+ in 24 overs (my friend who bats at three and myself (I bat at four) usually score our 25 each before getting retired *sniffle* in about 4 overs lol)
4. Bowl maximum 4 overs straight off and make sure 3 of them are maidens :)
5. Watch opposition slog to up their run-rate against our tight change bowlers and then enjoy the sight of a cartwheeling stump where the batsmen dont quite line up with the inswinging yorker.
:cool:

Now we're second in our league

King_Ponting

International Regular
Hazza said:

1. Win the toss
2. Bat first
3. Score 150+ in 24 overs (my friend who bats at three and myself (I bat at four) usually score our 25 each before getting retired *sniffle* in about 4 overs lol)
5. Watch opposition slog to up their run-rate against our tight change bowlers and then enjoy the sight of a cartwheeling stump where the batsmen dont quite line up with the inswinging yorker.
/QUOTE]

How often does this tatic work mate............

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
King_Ponting said:
Hazza said:

1. Win the toss
2. Bat first
/QUOTE]

How often does this tatic work mate............
Well we've won the last 7 games by doing exactly that

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Penis.

I have school trials in a week, I`m actually a chance to make firsts. Don`t think I will, but looking forward to the challenge. :) Bowling during my free today felt good.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
My stats this year:
School 3rd XI - (as captain)

Matches 6
Innings 6
Not Outs 1
Runs 98
HS 47*

Overs 3
Maidens 1
Runs 35 (!)
Wickets 0

School 2nd XI -

Matches 3
Innings 3
Runs 42
HS 27

Did Not Bowl

Not too bad - 2nd XI debut on my 18th birthday, that was when I got the 27 opening the batting. I was really proud of myself - never thought I'd even play for the 2nds, let alone play an innings which contributed to a 66-run win, and anchor the innings for the first 14 overs. More than I expected. I was brought down to earth with innings of 10 and 5 after that though, but I didn't care - I'd had all the success I was ever going to have, being without any natural talent at all. :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Never has there been more anticipation for a season.

There are 80 people trying out for grade this season. Only 25, maybe 40 will go through. I`m currently in an MSN convo with four other guys, all buzzing to go. Should be awesome come Wednesday.

Wish me luck boys. :)

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nnanden said:
Never has there been more anticipation for a season.

There are 80 people trying out for grade this season. Only 25, maybe 40 will go through. I`m currently in an MSN convo with four other guys, all buzzing to go. Should be awesome come Wednesday.

Wish me luck boys. :)

hello....liking the inside cover soad pic there :)

good luck....remember that hard work, total determination and absolute passion are the things that will set you out from the crowd. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Barney Rubble said:
Good luck buddy, knock 'em dead. :D

(although if you do that, they won't be able to pick you........)
You`re lucky, I almost didn`t read that second line. :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hanuma said:
hello....liking the inside cover soad pic there :)

good luck....remember that hard work, total determination and absolute passion are the things that will set you out from the crowd. :)
SOAD rock the boat. Listened to Mezmerize all thru school today. :cool:

And well... I work hard, have determination and some passion around somewhere, just need my kit now. :p

Thanks for the comments. Best of luck to anyone else trying to make a team.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Depends who he knocks dead :D if he knocks dead his competition :D they will be able to select him :P as theres no-one else :D

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
luckily my school team were crap enough to enable me to become a key figure :D

i could pretty much do as i pleased one year...i.e.bowl innnacurate, bouncy spin and try to look cool when making shots.

most of the time i spent sledging people and getting pumped up.

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
cricket player said:
HAHAHAHAH

oh man,Behlol I love you man,

4 over game oh my god hahah,how did you manage to take so many wickets in a 4 over game how many players play in a team?
everyone tries to hit so u can get a batsman out quiet easily by not letting him for runs