• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

School Cricket

Langeveldt

Soutie
Protea said:
My high school has a really good girls cricket team. We made 170-odd in forty overs against another school and we bowled them out for 16
You weren't playing Bangladesh were you?

cbuts

International Debutant
i play for hutt valley high school, and we played tawa once, this was for prem 1 grading. we got 478/6 off 35 overs - was meant to be 50 but we lost 7 ball on either the motorway or on this cliff that had gorse bushes all over it. so we shortened it to 35 to make up the time we lost and just to end the agony. then we bowled them out for 43

the field was quite disgraceful, not even big enough for third formers, the width of it would jsut by wide enough for a soccer field!

Don

State Vice-Captain
school cricket this year was interesting. i captained the U-14's.we made it to the semi-inals of the east west zone where we lost thanks to an insane decision by moi.the we made it to the semi finals of the knockout competiton where we were trouncing el'dorado secondary when the rains came.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Having won the County Cup last year, we went into this years competition in high spirits.

Advancing easily through the 1st round, we drew our 'nearest rivals' in the next round. They were far from what they were cracked up to be, but we batted apllingly, Adil bagging a golden and me a second baller on our way to 62 AO.

Me and a kid called Michael Morey were the only decent bowlers (3-2-1-1 and 4-1-16-2 or summat like that) were the only decent bowlers as they racked up a 7 wicket win, and we crashed out...Adil made up for his golden somewhat by bagging a catch off Morey and a stumping off me.

Jamie

Cricket Spectator
We play cricket at lunchtime at school, and I am usually umpire. I wonder if you can get penalised for man handling an ump?!

2 fast 2 furios

Cricket Spectator
when i was 13 i was playing in a match for my club and it was a 20 overs aside match(playing on matting). the openers satyed in for about 10 overs and we were around 40 or 50 Which was kinda bad considering how bdthe bowlers were.both number one and number 2 batsmen got out quickly9one was run out and the other caught). i was batting number 4 and came into face a spinner. the number 3 batsmen told me that the spiners bowling at both endswere absolutely crap. so i went in and the first 6 balls i faced i hit 4 sixes 2 fours and a single(i was droped square leg and got a single) the next over i continued the slogs and hit 2 sixes and 3 fours then got out on the last ball of the over :wacko: . that was the mist fun ive ever had when batting and its the only tmei have got a 50 :D
we won the match quite easily in the end because the next 2 batsmen also just went for big hits. and had quite a big total in the ennd.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
This was last year for my school Padua 1st XI vs St Peters in the AIC comp in brisbane. On a pitch which could be described as mud we were rolled for 32. WE felt pretty ddown about that and thougt we were going to lose. Then, we bowled em out for 28. mud pitch, monsoons and stuff.

Another good game was RBisbane XXXX U-18s Toombul vs Norths. Im Toombul. Norths made 320 odd off 50 overs, and we started really slow and were like 150 off 40. The next 10 overs produced 170 odd runs as the 2 batters sent the ball scprching to all parts of Ian Healy oval.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
You play for Padua 1st XI? And you beat SPLC? How the hell did you manage that? Btw...St Peters u14's won the comp last year so when i reach the 1st XI we're gonna win the whole thing

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
last time i played school cricket was 5 years ago in year 7 when i took a great diving catch as keeper only for the umpire to signal a no ball :(

never actually played against padua or st peters i don't think.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I bowled a respected batsman with an absolute lollipop, and the scream of surprise and delight from my teammates could be heard across town..........

Suffice to say bowling isn't my strength.

Don

State Vice-Captain
ahh school ricket is starting agian 4 me soon so ill have lots of stories to tell

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
we have tournaments at school.TH e best match ever i played was I had a partnership of about 38 with my partner M.ZEB.I got 3 wickets in that match too

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The thing to do in that situation is to start nagging the PE staff... If they don't know anyone wants a team, there won't be one!

KennyD

James90 said:
You play for Padua 1st XI? And you beat SPLC? How the hell did you manage that? Btw...St Peters u14's won the comp last year so when i reach the 1st XI we're gonna win the whole thing
Oh man awesome, you go to SPLC!? Yeah we beat SPLC 1sts last year and this year, oh and do you know some guy called Godfrey or soemthing in yr 12 in the 1sts? coz hes racist and I hate him! Anyway good luck when you reach the 1sts!

KennyD

well thats goodto hear, but ti would have been better if it was upturned with him inside and then set on fire!

i really hate him

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We played a school called James Fallon (albury, australia) in a one day match, 50 overs, we made 400+, 2 centurians, 2 half centurians not out, we then bowled them out for less than 50..... we played them the next season (nearly same teams) and we were 4/40 and a friend and i put on about 150 and we ended up 290 AO... (yes i am a hero) haha j/k.... we bowled them out then for 70... needless to say they sucked, lol