• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Hall of Fame 2nd Ballot- Top 4 Elimination

CW Hall of Fame 2nd Ballot- Vote for 1 Player to be Incucted

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Due to no player getting the required %age of the vote, I have taken the top 4 for a further round of voting.

The winner of the vote gets automatic entry into the CW Hall of Fame and if a 2nd player gets over 35% they will be inducted also.

Only change is that you can only cast one vote in this elimination round.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Before anyone points out I have spelt inducted wrong in the question, I know already. Its 4:30am and the baby will not sleep but I know thats not a good enough reason :)

aussie tragic

International Captain
JASON said:
Looks like Grace and Warne going through .
No, looks like just WG as Warne doesn't have 35% of the votes. IMO, this is the way it should be with the earlier greats (e.g. WG, Hobbs, Hammond, Sutcliffe, Harvey, Miller, Davidson, Benuad, Botham, Lillee, Hadlee, Imran, etc) being inducted before the current greats.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I don't think a hall of fame list should be done by elimination, IMO all 4 of those people deserve to be on that list no question.

Fusion

Global Moderator
open365 said:
I don't think a hall of fame list should be done by elimination, IMO all 4 of those people deserve to be on that list no question.
I agree. At the very least, we need to lossen the voting criteria. Why not make it to where the top 5 get in every ballot? Because the first few ballots are going to have "no brainer" candidates that deserve to be in. Otherwise people will keep splitting their votes on deserving candidates and we'll drag this out forever.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I may be alone in thinking this, but i think the first 20 or so entrants into the hall of fame will be complete no brainers and only then should we have a vote to see who else we think deserves to get in.

Fusion

Global Moderator
open365 said:
I may be alone in thinking this, but i think the first 20 or so entrants into the hall of fame will be complete no brainers and only then should we have a vote to see who else we think deserves to get in.
Probably right, but deciding who the 20 or so "no brainer" candidates are can be tricky. So I think if we just let people vote more liberally at first (like voting for upto 5 candidates at time), all the deserving candidates will get in. Then, clamp down and start debating.

archie mac

International Coach
Or maybe we should do them by era, with more recent eras having more nominations (more Tests played, and more Test players)

Era one from say 1877- 1920

Grace
Fry
MacLaren
Jackson
Barnes
Shrewsbury
Ranji
Rihcardson
Trumper
Hill
Noble