• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is there a propaganda war going on between ICC/Darrell Hair and Pakistan Cricket ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems to me that there is a propaganda war going on in Cricket at the moment .

Most notably , I saw Mark 'Tubby' Taylor give an interview supporting Darrell and stating he "does not have a forfeited game in his CV as Inzy does" !! To me this was pretty unnecessary and seems like Tubby is doing a bit of propaganda to assist Darrell.

Then last night I watched "Hard Talk" with Stephen Sackur on BBC where Stephen was trying to do a bit of propaganda stuff for Darrell but although Mihir Bose did a little in that direction , Dickie Bird absolutely refused to get into any thing to support Darrell , if anything he was negative with regard to Darrell - particularly as he pointed out that 28 TV cameras and hundreds of photographers failed to pick up anything to suggest Ball Tampering !!

But any way my question is, do others feel that there is a propaganda battle going on ahead of the ICC hearing on Friday ?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Media are just going for extreme opinions from whoever is a vaguely respectable name and then pick the ones which support whatever line that particular newspaper, radio show etc. wants to take.

FRAZ

International Captain
Is it called a propaganda or a coincidence that people upon witnessing that Hair will officiate the series said " Problems for Pakistan will happen ".
Amazing ...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Jason, have you read into the subcontinent media to see how much name calling is going on there about Hair ?

I mean what do you really expect - that the whole world gets on one side and beat up on Hair ??

FRAZ

International Captain
Sanz said:
Jason, have you read into the subcontinent media to see how much name calling is going on there about Hair ?

I mean what do you really expect - that the whole world gets on one side and beat up on Hair ??
And two weeks ago Fraz was accused of rantism .Now the whole world - biased people..
Dang it why you are always right Fraz ?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FRAZ said:
And two weeks ago Fraz was accused of rantism .Now the whole world - biased people..
Dang it why you are always right Fraz ?
:laugh:

Sigged