• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Must Watch Clip: Darrell's Only Interest of the Ball During Game

Fusion

Global Moderator
jack_sparrow said:
Clearly, I'd be ****ed if he was doing this to my boys! Just simply stalking players and mad dogging them left and right. Amzing footage man. Seriously he has something stuck up his poohole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frWeHnxtk_Q
In all fairness, he has a right to do that. He may be obnoxious in doing so, but there's nothing wrong with that. What irks me is that even after he was watching them like a hawk, he has no apparent proof of ball tampering. And he still accused Pak of cheating.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
From a semi-serious complaint, this is increasingly becoming a witchhunt. Honestly, I may not fully understand the emotion of the subject (as I dont define my countrys self worth or respect by the actions of a few guys on a cricket field) but Hair is getting hammered for doing his job, albeit in a heavy handed and obnoxious way.

People need to relax and get some perspective.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Goughy said:
From a semi-serious complaint, this is increasingly becoming a witchhunt. Honestly, I may not fully understand the emotion of the subject (as I dont define my countrys self worth or respect by the actions of a few guys on a cricket field) but Hair is getting hammered for doing his job, albeit in a heavy handed and obnoxious way.

Yep, witch-hunt is about right.

FRAZ

International Captain
Goughy said:

Any person with over-whelming hate would declare this .

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
Any person with over-whelming hate would declare this .
Why would he do so ? I have not seen this clip but it is getting increasingly boring with all this 'Nation's pride' talk.

FRAZ

International Captain
Sanz said:
Why would he do so ? I have not seen this clip but it is getting increasingly boring with all this 'Nation's pride' talk.
Looks pathetic if people say that I should not take my nation's pride in front ,or Inzamam should not . I know what are my roots and Inzamam showed that too .. Life is just to give for the pride and not making avatars and stupid signatures.
It is a nation's pride which is being questioned here. I or no other from there would like to take any tuition about how not to take the question of nation's pride . Yes boring it is because the same thing was discussed by me even before the start of the 3rd test that fire this stupid head off otherwise there are going to be problems . I said it at that time that this is just gonna cause trouble (Hair) . Yes , it really is a question of pride , And I do not want to go ahead with this pride thing because I may not be able to carry on with the lengthy stupid behaviors or talks because a lion may not have a bigger tongue than a chameleon!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
Looks pathetic if people say that I should not take my nation's pride in front ,or Inzamam should not . I know what are my roots and Inzamam showed that too .. Life is just to give for the pride and not making avatars and stupid signatures.
It is a nation's pride which is being questioned here. I or no other from there would like to take any tuition about how not to take the question of nation's pride . Yes boring it is because the same thing was discussed by me even before the start of the 3rd test that fire this stupid head off otherwise there are going to be problems . I said it at that time that this is just gonna cause trouble (Hair) . Yes , it really is a question of pride , And I do not want to go ahead with this pride thing because I may not be able to carry on with the lengthy stupid behaviors or talks because a lion may not have a bigger tongue than a chameleon!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe this is why a split in the ICC is neccessary. Im not saying the above opinion is wrong, its just vastly different to how I and many others perceive the situation and quite frankly the over-the-top drama is too much to take. Maybe the 2 viewpoints cannot mix and need to go their own direction.

I cant see how the game of cricket can be played if some people take things as a national sleight and others see it as something that involves individuals in a game.

For the life of me I cant see what happens on a cricket field has anything to do with the pride of a nation or is a criticism of a whole culture, nation and ethnicity. As I said before, I find it bizzare and frankly strange. However, Im not saying its wrong, just that Im not 100% sure that teams that behave and think so radically different should play against each other.

Im not saying a split should happen, but I can see the attraction

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
@Fraz - What pride you are talking about ? Dont You yourself worship a guy who was caught cheating couple of years ago ? Does that also hurt your national pride or it is only when you are accused by an umpire ?

Hair didn't act on the field as he should have, but linking that to national pride is stupid and ridiculous. If anything I would say, a 3-0 is whitewash to England in last 40 years should be a bigger national shame. It is even a bigger shame to get into the history as the only team to forfeit a test match because of your captain's stupidity.

FRAZ

International Captain
Goughy said:
Maybe this is why a split in the ICC is neccessary. Im not saying the above opinion is wrong, its just vastly different to how I and many others perceive the situation and quite frankly the over-the-top drama is too much to take. Maybe the 2 viewpoints cannot mix and need to go there own direction.

I cant see how the game of cricket can be played if some people take things as a national sleight and others see it as something that involves individuals in a game.
You know what was the over the top Drama , that was when all the problems and biased decisions come from the end where Hair is umpiring . How amazing that I said at the start of the third test that I reject the results already .. How amazing that people can judge the future due to this umpire ..
Carry on with Hair thats what you wanna say , I realy feel for such mentality , I realy do ... HUH ..
I know looks good in a written form if one wants to tame so called "over the top behaviour " by saying that it is over the top behaviour and its just anger , bla bla bla ..
You know what this behaviour is necessary some times and this is quite important to use this social behaviour " anger" ... It was due ... Thats it PERIOD

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
@ Sanz stay in the current field and talk this with the eyes open and honestly .. No person has been caught over here and by then .. I want to see the video clip and not like a chimp ar&e news photo where Asif is showed polishing the ball and with a footer saying " Caught " .
Pathetic clowns in the media !!!!!!!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
I have already said that once ! This discretion is just a crazy and biased thing . This discretion thing is what makes any 6' 4" chimp above law and people . This discretion is what causes trouble every where . This discretion is what amazingly does not go in the favour of the Pakistani team when Hair is umpiring ..
If somebody still says that Hair should umpire then I can just say one thing " go get some lil life " ..
Dont just dare defend his actions which are not tolerable at all ........

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Frazlu aka Sher-e-Panjab - Are done attacking individuals and calling names to those who do not agree with you ?

FRAZ

International Captain
I never used abusive language . I explained the situation and expressed my anger and protest which was quite necessary .

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
I never used abusive language . I explained the situation and expressed my anger and protest which was quite necessary .
Haven't we heard that somewhere recently...