• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Must Watch Clip: Darrell's Only Interest of the Ball During Game

open365

International Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
I have already said that once ! This discretion is just a crazy and biased thing . This discretion thing is what makes any 6' 4" chimp above law and people . This discretion is what causes trouble every where . This discretion is what amazingly does not go in the favour of the Pakistani team when Hair is umpiring ..
If somebody still says that Hair should umpire then I can just say one thing " go get some lil life " ..
Dont just dare defend his actions which are not tolerable at all ........
Hair's actions were perfectly within the laws of cricket, i don't know how many times i will have to repeat this before anyone takes note.

Explain to me, how is Darrel hair biased against Pakistan? And in which instances has he not acted withing the laws of cricket?

And as people keep pointing out, if you take ball tampering as being a massive stain on the pride of your nation, why do you still adore and select Shoib Akthar? Who was proven to tamper with the ball?

As far as i can see, Darrel Hair has done nothing wrong.

FRAZ

International Captain
open365 said:
Hair's actions were perfectly within the laws of cricket, i don't know how many times i will have to repeat this before anyone takes note.

Explain to me, how is Darrel hair biased against Pakistan? And in which instances has he not acted withing the laws of cricket?

And as people keep pointing out, if you take ball tampering as being a massive stain on the pride of your nation, why do you still adore and select Shoib Akthar? Who was proven to tamper with the ball?

So you like Hair .. Whats your real life name please my friend .
Thanks

FRAZ

International Captain
Voltman said:
What are you going to do? Hunt him down and beat him up?
Accusation ..... I just wanted to know the gentleman's name . I hate if I will say hey Open , hi Open bla bla ..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
open365 said:

Just because you are a fundamentalist when it comes to the laws - doesn't mean you are applying them in the proper spirit. It is possible to act irresponsibally within the laws of the game.

FRAZ

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Just because you are a fundamentalist when it comes to the laws - doesn't mean you are applying them in the proper spirit. It is possible to act irresponsibally within the laws of the game.
Exactly !! This is what the defination of "Discretion" is in my mind !!!!

open365

silentstriker said:
I don't believe you can act irresonsable within the laws of the game.

FRAZ

International Captain
Whats that thing called "benefit of the doubt ...
Or Spirit of the game
Or Acting and behaving like a gentleman
Why being wrong and wrong and wrong again especially against some selected teams ..

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
I think Hair had some suspicion and he was doing the right thing.
Sigh. Suspicion is not proof. Before tarneshing someone's reputation, common deceny would require you to have proof. Yeah I know, Hair didn't have to follow "common decency". He was following the "letter of the law" blah blah blah. The simple fact is, Hair is the root cause of this. He could've handled things differenty. For starters, he could've kept his mouth shut until he saw proof of tampering.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion - I must say that I was only talking about the Video posted in the opening post of this thread (which I couldn't watch @ work during the day) and I standby what I said.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Fusion - I must say that I was only talking about the Video posted in the opening post of this thread (which I couldn't watch @ work during the day) and I standby what I said.
I'm sorry Sanz, but how does Hair simply watching Pak players like a hawk make you think his actions were right? If anything, it shows that even after he watched them so closely, he couldn't provide any specific proof of them tampering. By the way, umpires regularly watch bowlers like this (not to the extent of Hair, but they keep a close watch). Your method of logic here is not adding up for me.

Dasa

Fusion said:
I'm sorry Sanz, but how does Hair simply watching Pak players like a hawk make you think his actions were right? If anything, it shows that even after he watched them so closely, he couldn't provide any specific proof of them tampering. By the way, umpires regularly watch bowlers like this (not to the extent of Hair, but they keep a close watch). Your method of logic here is not adding up for me.
I'm sure Sanz will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was saying that Hair wasn't wrong in watching the players closely if he had some suspicion that something was going on. I don't think that's a comment on his eventual decision to accuse the team of tampering with the ball.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dasa said:
I'm sure Sanz will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was saying that Hair wasn't wrong in watching the players closely if he had some suspicion that something was going on. I don't think that's a comment on his eventual decision to accuse the team of tampering with the ball.
In that case, I apologize for not reading your comments correctly Sanz. You can clarify of course, but I read your comments to say that Hair was right to change the ball based on the video posted in this thread. But if you're saying Hair was correct in watching the players, I definately agree. That's his right and he wasn't doing anything wrong there.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Thank You Dasa, that's exactly what I meant. Fusion, No problem dear. :)
Thanks. My bad. Perhaps you should start a thread about ME not assessing the situation correctly! :cool: