• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inzamam Ul Haq - Should he be sacked ?

Inzamam also responsible for today's incident ?

• Total voters

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
While all the attention is focussed on Darrell Hair, No one is talking about Pakistan Captain Inzamam-ul-Haq. His attitude and behaviour is less than satisfactory and IMO he has a problem, a. He cant control his anger, b. he is not smart enough to assess any situation.

It has been seen time and again, the guy just blows his fuse on tivial issues. IMO he isn't fit enough to be the captain of any International Cricket Team and should be sacked.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
While all the attention is focussed on Darrell Hair, No one is talking about Pakistan Captain Inzamam-ul-Haq. His attitude and behaviour is less than satisfactory and IMO he has a problem, a. He cant control his anger, b. he is not smart enough to assess any situation.

It has been seen time and again, the guy just blows his fuse on tivial issues. IMO he isn't fit enough to be the captain of any International Cricket Team and should be sacked.
Trivial issue Sanz? I had to look twice to see who created this thread as the opinions were so shocking! If he couldn't control his anger he would've stormed off the field right away after the ball was changed. If anything, he was too calm for my taste. The team and his reputation was attacked by Hair's actions. And you call for his sacking for reacting the way he did? This is just amazing to me. By the way, aside from the rather regretable incident he had where he went up to the stands, when else has he blown his fuse? He is generally recognized as a gentle soul. Again, if anything he's critisized for being too calm! I'm really not sure where your post is coming from.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No way, i think most international captain would have done the same thing he did, they way he reacted its not the Inzi that we know, he is normally very cool, he just lost it at the time.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion - Please calm down. Inzi is one of my fav. players but very often he just doesn't understand the situation and over-reacts. Also, this post isn't just about today's incident, it's also about his history as captain and as player.

Here are a few of his actions :-

1. In Toronto with the bat he assaulted a spectator
2. His over reaction after being given out vs. England
3. His over reaction after being given out vs. India
4. Then what went on today.

Also, he has a communication problem, not onlt when he speaks English, but also when he speaks Urdu.

PS :- Please note that I am not defending Darrell Hair in any way, but Inzi is also responsible for today's mess.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If anything, Inzy should be sacked for not walking out right away and standing 12 overs in humiliation after being told that his side were cheats.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Fusion - Please calm down. Inzi is one of my fav. players but very often he just doesn't understand the situation and over-reacts. Also, this post isn't just about today's incident, it's also about his history as captain and as player.

Here are a few of his actions :-

1. In Toronto with the bat he assaulted a spectator
2. His over reaction after being given out vs. England
3. His over reaction after being given out vs. India
4. Then what went on today.

PS :- Please note that I am not defending Darrell Hair in any way, but Inzi is also responsible for today's mess.
I agree that he over reacted in Toronto. That was a serious lack of judgement. However, how did he overreact when given out vs Eng and India? He was dismayed, but it's not like he had a shouting match with the umpire and pulled his team off the field. And in at least one of those incidents, he was incorrectly given out. What happened today was not an over reaction. You may disagree with his/PCB's protest approach, but surely you will concede there was a MAJOR incident to react to? So by defination, it was not an over reaction. Like Ausie said, I would expect most Captains to react the same way after they're accused of cheating, which is to me the most serious allegation that can be leveled against you in sports. If Hair presented Inzi with evidence of ball tampering, and he still reacted the way he did, then I would agree with you. You know that I respect your views, but in this case we have a very strong disagreement and I think you're really off on this.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he was justified on this occasion in his actions. At the same time though I don't rate him that highly as a captain and think Younis Khan or Mohammad Yousuf could do a better job.

But no, I don't think he should be sacked for this.

FRAZ

International Captain
Sanz is right in a way but overall Inzamam is one of the only few remaining gentlemen of the game . He has a low IQ thats what I agree with but he is an honest person . But anyways it is may be common in our area that if some body tries to do some thing bad then our reaction is just worth watching .
The same walking thing when I said a little while ago then people were making fun and now they are ignoring my posts in a certain umpire's related thread ..

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
OK

Can someone please explain me, if Pakistan (Inzi ) were to protest..THEN why only after tea?

They continued playing after being penalized 5 runs and went on like nothing happened

Then, they suddely realized WTF and said lets protest? doesnt make sense to me

Also, I think Inzamam doesnt really know the rules and regulations here. Hair went to Pak dressing room ( by law) asking him if he wants to come out or no..he asked "why did he change the ball and hair said he wasnt there to discuss that", OK..by that time Pak decided their protest is valid and damn the match..but then what was the point of going out on the field later? (they already forfeited the game when they refused to come out)

They should have left the field when they were accused

I mean..if I get in a fight, I won't be chatting and coming back with a cricket bat later?

FRAZ

International Captain
I agree that as a captain Inzamam has some other things to do too and he failed to deliver . He is good in the field and tbh he is the only choice as a captain currently . But anyways he could not deal with the situation properly .
And I may have lost my mind too if I was playing captain . My best strategy would have been to order my fielders to throw the ball straight and with a full force at a certain head instead of throwing towards the stump .. Once for all .................

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
Would have prefered the Ranatunga Style.

I don't know what other proof ICC requires v.s HAIR

But the man played his cards right and unfortunately pak didn't.

Saw on the news, Inzamam may face sanctions, Pak in level 2 breach?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Rajeev said:
OK

Can someone please explain me, if Pakistan (Inzi ) were to protest..THEN why only after tea?

They continued playing after being penalized 5 runs and went on like nothing happened

Then, they suddely realized WTF and said lets protest? doesnt make sense to me
This is not so hard to understand. Let me paint a scenario: The team was initially shocked by the decision. They didn't know why the ball was changed and probably were uncertain as to how to react. The play resumed shortly. The emotions and the anger kept building and the implication of what happened continued to set in. After tea break, they had a team discussion for the first time and were able to let out their anger and frustration. They decided then not to take the field. I don't get why people are asking about the "delayed" reaction. Is it so hard to believe than anger can build and the first reaction is not always the most extreme?

FRAZ

International Captain
I predicted before the start of the third test that "I reject the results already " .. SO ironicaly it happened.
I predicted just a day ago that ICC to be divided into two groups and same thing happened .I read in the news that ICC is divided into two groups i.e. biased and no biased. Anyways, Ranatunga style was good and hey Inzamam should have taken the team out in the third test after some nasty decisions . Man trust me if one has to face such things then you can imagine .. England is no way near talent wise and strength wise and one can clearly see the umpiring factor .. How hurting it can be ..........

Fusion

Global Moderator
FRAZ said:
England is no way near talent wise and strength wise and one can clearly see the umpiring factor .. How hurting it can be ..........
Inzi didn't over react, but you are. We lost the series because we got outplayed, based on the talent on the field. Simple. There was no umpiring factor.

FRAZ

International Captain
Fusion said:
Inzi didn't over react, but you are. We lost the series because we got outplayed, based on the talent on the field. Simple. There was no umpiring factor.
I just tried to sum up the recent performances by England ,Pakistan and Srilanka .. Anyways , I am sorry if I over-reacted.

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
Fusion said:
This is not so hard to understand. Let me paint a scenario: The team was initially shocked by the decision. They didn't know why the ball was changed and probably were uncertain as to how to react. The play resumed shortly. The emotions and the anger kept building and the implication of what happened continued to set in. After tea break, they had a team discussion for the first time and were able to let out their anger and frustration. They decided then not to take the field. I don't get why people are asking about the "delayed" reaction. Is it so hard to believe than anger can build and the first reaction is not always the most extreme?

But how long does it take to sink in? If someone accuses one's team of this serious offence..do u scratch ur head and analyze the situation? It's gotta be in a jiffy man..coz u loose the argument then

Thats why I said, prefer the Ranatunga Style

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Rajeev said:
But how long does it take to sink in? If someone accuses one's team of this serious offence..do u scratch ur head and analyze the situation? It's gotta be in a jiffy man..coz u loose the argument then

Thats why I said, prefer the Ranatunga Style

Maybe he waited to consult with the coach. In any case, I agree, he should have walked out right there.

FRAZ

International Captain
TBH the language barrier . You guys agree with me or not ,but this language is a major factor in the low understanding and the ignorance about the certain rules by Inzamam...

luffy

International Captain
I think he has coped with it fairly well to be told his team are cheaters. I dont blame him for walking off but i do think it is his fault.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the situation could have dealt with more diplomatically but sacking inzi would be really harsh, i would say....i don't think he has done anything to warrant that....however if any proof comes out that the ball was indeed tampered with, then it's a different ballgame altogether....