• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Extraordinary thing to happen in cricket?

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
No prizes for guessing what will happen in this thread

inspired by todays events, is this the most extraordinarything to happen in cricket as some people are calling it? Whats your opinion on the most extraordinary thing to ahppen in cricket? It can be farcical (Like today) or a display of cricketing history that goes beyond belief (South Africa/Australia, the wanderers)

aussie tragic

International Captain
Tomm NCCC said:
No prizes for guessing what will happen in this thread

inspired by todays events, is this the most extraordinarything to happen in cricket as some people are calling it? Whats your opinion on the most extraordinary thing to ahppen in cricket?
IMO Bodyline would the most extaordinary thing to happen to cricket, however my personal favourite was when Miandad was going to clobber Dennis Lillee with his bat :laugh:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
aussie tragic said:
IMO Bodyline would the most extaordinary thing to happen to cricket, however my personal favourite was when Miandad was going to clobber Dennis Lillee with his bat :laugh:
:D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^LOL That's such a great pic!

What I've seen in my life, it'd have to be Cronje. What I've read about. Lillee/Miandad sounds like it'd be right up there alongside Bodyline and World Series Cricket.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Colin Croft physically assaulting the New Zealand umpire on the West Indies tour of Australasia in 1979/80. In the same series the West Indies also had a sit-in after tea and Michael Holding kicked the batsman's stumps out of the ground when an appeal was refused.

FRAZ

International Captain
Michael Holding kicking the stumps outta ground due to the umpiring and Garner in the same match shouldering the umpire while bowling ...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
Michael Holding kicking the stumps outta ground due to the umpiring and Garner in the same match shouldering the umpire while bowling ...
I've already mentioned both of those..........though it was Croft not Garner.

FRAZ

International Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
I've already mentioned both of those..........though it was Croft not Garner.
hehe .. Ok I was also describing the favorite questionable moments .. We share the same ...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Didn't Inzi take umbrage at being described as a mota aaloo (fat potato I'm lead to believe) by Indian fans in Canada & set off to brain the culprit with his bat?

Adds new meaning to the phrase "Going for an Indian". :p

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
I think Inzy clobbering the indian fan in canada was the the most extraoridnary thing I had seen until today that is.. Today was pure class, I was rivetted. Was better then the match

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie tragic said:
what actuall caused him to want to hit Lillee btw?

Fusion

Global Moderator
aussie said:
what actuall caused him to want to hit Lillee btw?
Lillee bumped into him as he was taking a single (by most accounts, on purpose). They started jarring verbally and it soon escalated from there.