• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Extraordinary thing to happen in cricket?

R_D

International Debutant
Fusion said:
Lillee bumped into him as he was taking a single (by most accounts, on purpose). They started jarring verbally and it soon escalated from there.
ah well if it was intentional.. Well i'd personally feel like doing the same too.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
The Baconator said:
Oh. So that's the game you want to play, eh?

:D

In all seriousness, I'd say the South Africa vs Australia match where nearly 900 runs were scored. I've got to pick up a dvd of that match somewhere.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
This following is the most Extra ordinary thing In my personal opinion , as the 66-1 outsider went onto win the World Cup !!:happy: :happy:

Attachments

Craig

World Traveller
It looks like a slog that is going to go over mid off/cover, at first I thought it was going over mid wicket.

I guess Astle's very fast double hundred (yet to buy the DVD yet, but I will buy it soon enough).

Craig

World Traveller
Lillian Thomson said:
Colin Croft physically assaulting the New Zealand umpire on the West Indies tour of Australasia in 1979/80. In the same series the West Indies also had a sit-in after tea and Michael Holding kicked the batsman's stumps out of the ground when an appeal was refused.
I have seen images of that, and Holding's follow through and kicking technique was quite good, would have put a lot of rugby locks to shame :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Marc and Scaly agreeing with one another in the Pakistan in England thread yesterday tops everything for me.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
I have seen images of that, and Holding's follow through and kicking technique was quite good, would have put a lot of rugby locks to shame :laugh: