• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harmison's mysterious discomfort

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
Then why play him in the final test?

I think his problem is simply the fact he's not bowled enough overs this year.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I think its just a convenient excuse for his poor performance. He's always struck me as someone who doesn't take criticism very well.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I really do not understand why Harmison played in this Test if he was carrying a problem. The same goes with Hoggard and his dodgy knee.

Surely, as its a dead rubber, guys like Lewis, Tremlett or even Broad could have come in an given the more senior guys a chance to rest and get over their niggles.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fletcher will never do anything of the sort though. A test Match is a Test Match, regardless of the opposition or the situation tends to be his theory, that's why the batting line-up wasn't altered against bangladesh last summer to give Flintoff much needed time in the middle.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
I think its just a convenient excuse for his poor performance. He's always struck me as someone who doesn't take criticism very well.
Concur. Andy Caddick use to play a very similar card.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I don't know if i'm being unfair, but Harmison seems to be like someone who doesn't aspire to be a lot better than he is. His comments in the press have been 'I've got more wickets than anyone else in this series, job done' now this may just be his reaction to the press.

I think he probably has a bit of a side strain because he is bowling badly.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The general TMS feeling was that he's not had enough bowling this summer - however I can't see that situation changing. The question is should it?

To be fair to him he did turn it around by all reports yesterday, but that only confuses his comments about injury.