• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bracewell criticises Ryder and McMillan

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
John Bracewell has attacked the fitness levels of Jesse Ryder and Craig McMillan. Bracewell claims though that Ryder made the 30 man Champions Trophy squad because he is young and that McMillan missed out because he should know better.
Apparently Ryder has been put on to a new fitness program to try and improve his chances of making the squad of 14 to play in India.

James

Cricket Web Owner
That doesn't surprise me at all. I've watched domestic cricket quite a lot here, and Ryder always looks as though he really struggles in between the wickets and while fielding.

No offense to Jesse but he's even worse than Inzaman!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Jesse has definately put a lot of weight on in the last 2 years. I got quite a shock the last time I saw him on TV. He needs to improve quickly or else it's going to ruin his chances of playing for NZ anytime soon.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
never knew how he looked like..what a fatty :O
and he doesnt look like 22 at all ?!
while were on kiwi's can some of you explain to me why Jarrod Englefield wasnt picked for New Zealand A, after avging 40's in 2 consecutive seasons ?
I know he has been dissapointing in the past..but being captain of Central Districts and all ?
pitty he retired now :(

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
James said:
No offense to Jesse but he's even worse than Inzaman!
Woah, let's not get too hasty here!

Seriously though, I think this is a good idea. Ryder has definately put on weight.

donaldduck

Cricket Spectator
How much more crap is Craig McMillan going to have to deal with. Does anyone else get the impression Bracewell doesn't like McMillan and wants him to retire. It is a big risk leaving him out of a 30 man squad.

How can they pick Brad Scott. He is a little trundler from Otago that is not going to play international cricket.

I would have picked McMillan in the 30 to keep him keen.

As for Jesse Ryder, the guy can play but he looks more and more like a sumo wrrestler every day. Hope the fitness gods of NZ cricket can save him.