• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Related Rhyming Slang

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Inspired by the "Michelle Pfieffer (sp)" thread, I thought it would be good to get a thread to collate all the cricket related rhyming slang that people have picked up over the years.

e.g
David Boon - tunes. "Put on some David Boons"
Bob Massie - chassis. "She's got a great Bob Massie"
Chaminda Vaas - gluteus maximus. I was once sledged out on the field, "You don't have a bum! You've got no Chaminda!"
Trever Gripper - slipper. "Jump into the grippers for me".

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Michael Slater - grater. Used in the kitchen primarily. "Pass us the Michael Slater, champ"

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's not rhyming slang as such, but when I've had ten pints of Guinness, I'm nice and Freddied

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Commonly used where I played were the David Gowers.

Used for that after game wash.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Andrew Strauss - house. "I'm just moving into a new Andrew Strauss"
Alastair Cook - book. "I'm reading a really good Ali Cook at the moment"