• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Order of Merit- 2nd Ballot

CW Order of Merit- 2nd Ballot. Vote for 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
OK, again vote for 2 names.

The top 2 with over 35% of the vote go through.

Lots of choices this time. Ill be interested to see if anyone goes through

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Umpires are a forgotten lot. So I voted Dickie Bird and Venkat. Venkat over Shepherd because Venkat was a very good player who went on to become a pretty good umpire. Kinda rare these days with almost all former players NOT taking up umpiring as an option. Got a gut feeling that it is the cause of a widening rift between players and officials.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
Umpires are a forgotten lot. So I voted Dickie Bird and Venkat. Venkat over Shepherd because Venkat was a very good player who went on to become a pretty good umpire. Kinda rare these days with almost all former players NOT taking up umpiring as an option. Got a gut feeling that it is the cause of a widening rift between players and officials.
There are still a lot of ex players from England that umpire or have umpired. Just off the top of my head, Mallender, Willey, Bumble Lloyd, Peter Hartley and Im sure there are many more.

Dickie and Shep were ex-players as well, though they certainly were not upto the standard of Venkat.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Goughy said:
There are still a lot of ex players from England that umpire or have umpired. Just off the top of my head, Mallender, Willey, Bumble Lloyd, Peter Hartley and Im sure there are many more.

Dickie and Shep were ex-players as well, though they certainly were not upto the standard of Venkat.
yeah but lots of them, like Willey, aren't willing to be ont he international panel, you know, due to all the travel and stuff.