• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bomb blast in Colombo near Indian team hotel

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
It might be silly and naive to actually say what was said or the way it was said , but there is definately some truth in it.

More than 'some'. Its an undisputable fact that there are more bomb blasts in India/SL/Pakistan than in New Zealand. Its not exactly a matter of debate. :laugh:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Cricket Victoria has an "Emerging Players Squad" staying at the Taj Samudra, and they're currently discussing whether or not to bring the players home.

JBH001

International Regular
Hmmm, yes bad times in Sri Lanka.
Though things have been heading in that direction for a while now.

Anyway, I believe the players should pull up stumps and call of the series - increased security or no things will only get worse. Also, the fact that the monsoons seem to be setting in may also mean that matches will be curtailed or shortened in one way or the other. Cumulatively good reasons to head home and to - maybe - saner places than SL.

Dravid

International Captain
Just heard on the news that todays match is also called off. South Africa is ready to go back and a final decision should be made within 7-8 hours. Lets see what happens

Beleg

International Regular
Hmm, difficult to say anything at the moment. It is a really messed up situation though.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Its REALLY messed up. I hope a decision is made today because if it isnt, india v sri lanka match tomm may seem meaningless. The players won't know what they're playing for and how important is this match....will it mean going 1-0 up in the series or something else.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I can only judge athletes by my own standards and I would have been on that plane home yesterday.

You have a wife and family and its just not worth it. If it ends up just being India vs Sri Lanka, good luck to them but I cant see how anyone could criticise SA if they left. Its what I would do.

dinu23

International Debutant
SA are staying, the series is back on!

revised schedule:
Sri Lanka v India Colombo (RPS) - 16 Aug

India v South Africa Colombo (SSC) - 19 Aug

Sri Lanka v South Africa Colombo (SSC) - 21 Aug

Sri Lanka v India Colombo (RPS) - 24 Aug

India v South Africa Colombo (RPS) - 26 Aug

Sri Lanka v South Africa Colombo (RPS) - 29 Aug

Final - Colombo (RPS) - 2 Sep

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Supersport in SA saying they are still probably coming home and the revised schedule is still only provisional and has not been confirmed.

Oh the drama

Nishant

International 12th Man
SA going back home: continue these conversations on the official tri-series thread, it'll be easier for everyone!