Congratulations to the following:
Craig 13,000 posts
We would love another team member to help Marc pick out worthy posts/winners. Please email us if you are interested.
The CW Awards Team
Marc (awards judge)
Archie (whatever else is left over)
If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com
If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au
If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk
Best of The Best
1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Swervey for this click here some good points, and argued in the right manner
2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Goughy for this click here seems like a lot of work and an awful lot of threads, JAMES?
3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Sanz for this click here a little sarcasm, but it just might be true?
4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: FRAZ , contributes to a lot of threads, although we don’t understand most of his posts
5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: stumpski click here Struggled for a decent one this week (not much cricket on) almost a shocker from stumpski, but it was still not so ‘comfortable’
6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: GeraintIsMyHero click here I always thought the 12th wicket the most important tbh
7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: aussie tragic , Seems to enjoy the trivia thread, which gives you a good chance to show of your cricketing knowledge
8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week
Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: stumpski, newish poster, seems to be a good asset
10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: No award this week
The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: tooextracool V Sanz,Jono,adharcric,aussie,BoyBrumbie etc here is a taste click here TEC Vs the forum he seems to enjoy it, I still wake up in a cold sweat at the thought of scrolling through a debate(s) between TEC and Richard
Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management