• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 6-13th of August

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Craig 13,000 posts

We would love another team member to help Marc pick out worthy posts/winners. Please email us if you are interested.

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Swervey for this click here some good points, and argued in the right manner

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Goughy for this click here seems like a lot of work and an awful lot of threads, JAMES?:ph34r:

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Sanz for this click here a little sarcasm, but it just might be true?:blink:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: FRAZ , contributes to a lot of threads, although we don’t understand most of his posts:laugh:

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: stumpski click here Struggled for a decent one this week (not much cricket on) almost a shocker from stumpski, but it was still not so ‘comfortable’

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: GeraintIsMyHero click here I always thought the 12th wicket the most important tbh :wacko:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: aussie tragic , Seems to enjoy the trivia thread, which gives you a good chance to show of your cricketing knowledge :cool:

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: stumpski, newish poster, seems to be a good asset

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: tooextracool V Sanz,Jono,adharcric,aussie,BoyBrumbie etc here is a taste click here TEC Vs the forum he seems to enjoy it, I still wake up in a cold sweat at the thought of scrolling through a debate(s) between TEC and Richard :-O

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Inconvievable
don't worry...look at it this way, if you win all the time, you will soon lose your appreciation for the awards...:)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I was hoping for the skull this week with that post. ;) Thank you and congratulations to all the winners.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Archie about the Tony Greig Award, didn't Bangladesh win the match comfortably against kenya..

archie mac

International Coach
alternative said:
Archie about the Tony Greig Award, didn't Bangladesh win the match comfortably against kenya..
I may have it wrong? On the front page of CW it said they finished 8 down :-O

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AussieDominance said:
alternative u left out the email i sent u about the battrick thread hitting 8,000 posts
'Tis only individual posting milestones that get recognised (AFAIK, at least).

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yep Andy was rite, it was discussed earlier.. I will take milestone of a Major thing tho.. like 50 K posts or watever, but not 8 K as its not substantially big.. anyway sorry for not replying earlier. Thanx for your effort :)

FRAZ

International Captain
TT Boy said:
The worth of the Sobers award has just been severely cheapened…
HaVEI ever said some thing to offend you . tell me that . Ever ????? Noticed it 13th time now and counted it one by one ? Whats with this in-direct fuss? Whats that hero ?

Last edited: