• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

is there a chance for monty

IF ASHLEY IS FIT THAN WHO WOULD YOU PICK AS A SPINNER

• ASHLEY GILES

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • MONTY PANESER

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NON OF THEM

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • ASHLEY & MONTY

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

warne_94

Cricket Spectator
is there a a chance for monty in the world cup 2007 i think yes because he is a good spinner the fact is that he is a left arm bowler and usually traps the batsman.

Attachments

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
i would go with monty, he is much more of a better spinner.. not a batsmen, but a good bowler indeed..

aussie tragic

International Captain
Can I change my vote? I voted for Monty before I realised that you were talking world cup. Giles and Dalrymple would be ahead of him in that case.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
aussie tragic said:
Can I change my vote? I voted for Monty before I realised that you were talking world cup. Giles and Dalrymple would be ahead of him in that case.
I did the same :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie tragic said:
and Blackwell to some extent, but maybe in the future we could see him in One-day colours.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might have been best to put this poll in the "World cup" section.

I would rather have Monty there, but it ain't going to happen.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I personally don't think either Monty Panesar or Ashley Giles will make the England World Cup side. They will have four front line bowlers with Collingwood, Pieterson and perhaps Bell will make up the remaining 10. Maybe even Vaughan will bowl a few if he get's back into the England side.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Perm said:
I personally don't think either Monty Panesar or Ashley Giles will make the England World Cup side. They will have four front line bowlers with Collingwood, Pieterson and perhaps Bell will make up the remaining 10. Maybe even Vaughan will bowl a few if he get's back into the England side.
I reckon if Vaughan's knee ever heals well enough for him to play again his days of off-spin are over.

I voted Gilo tho, obv. Contributes more to the team & there isn't such a premium on wickets in ODIs as Tests. If he's still broken (& if he is I think that'll be it for The King of Spain) I'll go Dalrymple, who looked one of the very few (only?) plus points to come from the Sri Lankan series.