• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jayasuria Vs Sehwag

who is a better hitter and the better batsman?

• SANATH JAYASURIA

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • VIRENDER SEHWAG

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

warne_94

Cricket Spectator
Jayasuria Vs Sehwag:

Who Is A Better Hitter Of The Ball I Think Jayasuria Because Jayasuria Mostly Is In Form But Virendrer Sehwag Is Usually Out Of Form When Sehwag Is In Form Then He Is A Better Player But I Still Think That Sanath Jayasuria Is A Better Player Than Sehwag Is...
What's Your Opinion.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Jayasuriya in one-dayers as he can dominate balls in various zones unlike Sehwag's extreme strength just outside off, but Sehwag in tests because he really goes insane (not insane as in explosive, that's a given; he just takes off and takes the game out of the opposition's hands) after he gets a start.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm Interesting Post There Warne. I'm Inclined To Agree With Adharcric Though, In Terms of Jayasuriya Being Better In ODIs And Sehwag Better In Tests.

dinu23

International Debutant
I'll go for Jayasuriya as he's got shots all around the wicket and his bowling is very valuable to the sri lankan side.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
dinu23 said:
I'll go for Jayasuriya as he's got shots all around the wicket and his bowling is very valuable to the sri lankan side.

The question in the original post asked who was a better hitter of the ball.

dinu23

International Debutant
silentstriker said:
The question in the original post asked who was a better hitter of the ball.
in that case I'd say there's no difference between the two.

adharcric

International Coach
dinu23 said:
Overall, that would be advantage Jayasuriya for sure, but Sehwag's bowling is improving as well.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
dinu23 said:
in that case I'd say there's no difference between the two.

Except one has an average of 52, while the other has an average of 41.
One has 12 hundreds from 49 matches, while the other has 14 hundreds from 105 matches.

But I guess its too close to tell. 8-)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Better hitter is ofcourse Sanath, but do I want him in my test team ? NO

ODIs Sanath over Sehwag any day.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Jayasuriya is a better 'hitter.'

Sehwag is comfortably the better test batsman, Jayasuriuya comfortably the better ODI batsman. Pretty simple really.

symonds_156

Cricket Spectator
ill go for jayasuria

i agree with warne_94 because sehwag is usually out of form and jayasuria is usually in form and jayasuria can hit long sixes where there are needed and has many areas where he can score.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Strange how a player who is usually out of form can consistently make bigger scores more regularly than a player who is usually in form.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
symonds_156 said:
i agree with warne_94 because sehwag is usually out of form and jayasuria is usually in form and jayasuria can hit long sixes where there are needed and has many areas where he can score.
Haha how can someone be 'usually in form'.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
symonds_156 said:
symonds_156 = Warne_94? Must be. Same join time, same phrasiology (so?), agreeing with each other, both brand new members.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In ODIs Jayasuriya is the better batsman.
In tests Sehwag is the better batsman.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Goughy said:
symonds_156 = Warne_94? Must be. Same join time, same phrasiology (so?), agreeing with each other, both brand new members.
Same IP address, same mis-spelling of Jayasuriya...

Either that or they're brothers or friends at school. Obviously not very old from the '94 suffix - either 11 or 12 - you've one chance to come clean, boys. There's no point creating alternative personalities to back up your own argument, you won't learn anything that way - and especially not if you do it as horrendously badly as this!

Craig

World Traveller
So If Jayasuriya is better in ODIs and Sehwag is better in Tests, wouldn't they be pretty even players then?