• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Hall of Fame and Order of Merit

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Congratulations to the following for being inducted in the CW Hall of Fame or for being awarded the CW Order of Merit

Hall of Fame
Don Bradman (1st Ballot)
Garry Sober (1st Ballot)

Order of Merit
Richie Benaud (1st Ballot)
Andy Flower (1st Ballot)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Andy Flower only got 39% though? I think 50% would be a decent minimum, because he only just scraped in ahead of Bird. Without Richie in the ballot, the numbers would have been totally different.

I think the best system might be everyone who gets over 50% is inducted, unless nobody gets that much, in which case it's the winner. One person per week is fine if the votes lean that way.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I also think 33% is too low and at least 50% of the vote should be required (which in fact is actually only 25% of the votes cast as each person can vote for two people).

While the first ballot would then just result in Bradman and Benuad, other ballots would be a lot closer once these obvious choices are already voted in.