• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beach cricket

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Great thing to do while on holiday, I reconmend it. Use a chair for wickets, and a tennis ball and bowl full tosses. Let me tell you, running through sand with a bat in your hand at full pelt is bloody hard. Anyone else played it?

cricketboy29

International Regular
Tomm NCCC said:
Great thing to do while on holiday, I reconmend it. Use a chair for wickets, and a tennis ball and bowl full tosses. Let me tell you, running through sand with a bat in your hand at full pelt is bloody hard. Anyone else played it?
Yep, been there....reputedly what Azhar use to do, to practice running between the wickets.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Yeah, Theres no greater feeling than sweeping it into the sea and watching your mates having to splash around in ice cold water trying to get it.:laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Beach cricket with a BC ball is just awesome. We had all these randoms playing, and one of them top-scored with 49, before being caught in the ocean with an insane diving catch by another random. Being able to bounce the ball = better BC game.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Stumped said:
Beach Cricket is hard, u need to retire full tosses are too easy to hit. Backyard Cricket Forever!!
Beamers are always a good one to put in though.... Try hitting that one!

I bowled the perfect one, it was like chris cairns "Doodlebug" (Is it called that?) which got Chris read out. and the ball just plummeted back down and whipped a bail off.

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
we, in the land down under, who have beautiful beaches, tend to play on the harder sand allowing in to act as a normal pitch.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
I played in Spain once, and all the Benidorm folk were wondering "what the hell are they doing" :laugh:

Dover 1

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Being from Barbados and living in a sporting conscious village which is only 5 minutes walk from Silver Sands beach ,I have played a lot of it. Its fun, especially if the bowler delivers as the surf rolls up in front of the batsman. The ball really hustles through as it skates off the water.

Dover 1

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Being from Barbados and living in a sporting conscious village which is only 5 minutes walk from Silver Sands beach ,I have played a lot of it. Its fun, especially if the bowler delivers as the surf rolls up in front of the batsman. The ball really hustles through as it skates off the water.

Just remembered ;- this is where I perfected my technique of taking diving catches:)