• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beach cricket

Moses

Cricket Spectator
we, in the land down under, who have beautiful beaches, tend to play on the harder sand allowing in to act as a normal pitch.
hear hear. We schedule our games for low tide - the sand is much harder and flatter below the hide tide mark. Just watch out for stingrays.

An Esky makes a good wicket, plus it keeps your beers cold. Brilliant.

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
the best place to play beach cricket is in filey or scarborough in england, freezing cold but a tennis ball bounces nicely and so does a windball!! i got 70 of 4 overs once only 3 ppl playing tho!

Majin

International Debutant
Just played some the other day, actually. Found some nice hard sand and got some good bounce with a tennis ball as well.

I played the shot of my life that day, was batting against my friend who has some dodgy Malinga style action and 'cause of all the footwork being attempted the sand around the crease had got churned up a bit so the ball was just dying or going low whenever he bowled it, so for this one ball I decided to stand about two feet further forward than I was already doing, and also had it in my mind to dash down the pitch a bit to try and get bat on ball. So he comes in and bowls his next delivery, I'd already started going down the track and it came out too early and basically bowled a beamer right at my face, and somehow I manged to stop going forward and swerve back and pull it right away perfectly, and then promptly fell on my arse as I followed through with the shot. :D

Raptor11

Cricket Spectator
I played beach cricket twice,

I reccomend using a sponge ball for beach play , it is quite bouncy and efficient for the sand.

Once I wacked the ball for six, unfortunately it hit this one guy on the head and he glared at us , I pointed to the wicket keeper and the keeper pointed to the bowler , who just shrugged. The guy threw it back and it came at me and I hit it again for four, it landed just beside the same guy, who said "Are you doing bloody target practice with me??".

1-9-7-7

International Regular
Haha

I'm only browsing the forum as I'm waiting for my friends to pick me up so we can go play beach cricket:laugh:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
i kick ass at beach cricket so far this summer iv scover around 160 runs and taken 7 wickets in 2 10 over games!!!

CricketMan01

Cricket Spectator
Yeah great game once i swept it into the sea (great shot my i say:laugh: ) and it just kept going out and i was able to run 24 before i just lay down and let them get it. I probably could have run 40 put i couldn't be asked to run no more.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Yeah great game once i swept it into the sea (great shot my i say:laugh: ) and it just kept going out and i was able to run 24 before i just lay down and let them get it. I probably could have run 40 put i couldn't be asked to run no more.
HAHA top shot :laugh:

Raptor11

Cricket Spectator
Once one of my friends whom I play beach Cricket with wacked a six, unfortunately the six landed in the sea and the water was *freezing*! We made him swim out to fetch it, lol, poor guy