• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How did your game go?

Kimbo

International Debutant
Here we can write how our games went. My season just started today for club.

My team (Grafton) beat Cornwall by 9 wickets :D:D:D
We got them out for 85 runs in 35 overs. Then we got the runs in 20 overs losing one wicket (and it was a controversial caught behind, the whole of the other team knew that it wasn't out).
and me...
my figures were 7-1-10-1 so i am pretty happy with that.:ticking:

Kimbo

International Debutant
we are just playing on artificials right now. means you can start the season a bit earlier.
still got burnt though. even though i had sunblock on... SPF 16. I think i will go for SPF 30 next time.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Its wierd, it was freezing cold and raining again and now its warm and sunny...and its the 12th of October! If only teams were still playing over here! Sunny what do you bowl?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eastlake 3rd's batted first and made 7-168 off their 50 overs after being at 3-7 off 7 early on.
Tuggeranaong 3rd's were bowled out in the 41st over for 111.
I made 22 with the bat, including a huge 6 and got 2/15(4) with the ball.
a good start to the season.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I have just played my second game. Second win as we beat Riccaton. I got 18 runs and was in a 50 run partnership with Clare Taylor(england international player). and then took a really good catch to dismiss the england wicketkeeper whichturned the game. We won by 20 runs. I didn't get to bowl

Kimbo

International Debutant
i stuffed up a runout chance, i was running in to effect a pick up and flick, but since we are on artificials i had normal running shoes on... i slipped as i planted my foot by the ball:( ... ah well. didn't matter in the end. although it was off my own bowling and i could have had 1-9 off 7 instead of 1-10...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
University U19's batted first and scored 234 all out off 48 overs. I batted 4th & made 18 or so.
Howick/Pakuranga made 170/7 off 50 overs & i bowled 6 overs 1/23.

So not a bad start to the season..although this is our first season on proper grass wickets, so we're getting used to it.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Tamara, you're 15/16 & playing 1sts with international players!? do you train at the NZ academy or something?

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
As Sunil said....If u train hard it doesn't take long. I am the youngest playing 1st in Christchurch but there are about 4 17 year olds there as well

Kimbo

International Debutant
i came up at 15. played a few at 14...
yea its weird playing with international players but you forget after a while and they are just like anyone else.., but good

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Tamara
I have just played my second game. Second win as we beat Riccaton. I got 18 runs and was in a 50 run partnership with Clare Taylor(england international player). and then took a really good catch to dismiss the england wicketkeeper whichturned the game. We won by 20 runs. I didn't get to bowl
How many of our girls are out there? It's about time they started playing more regularly.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
My career is finished.

two of my career highlights (one's a bit of a joke) :

1. I once dismissed a world-record holder
2. I once dismissed a player who was worth £1,000,000.

Any guesses?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That guy who was the first £1m transfer and an abject failure - can't remember his name.

And #1... something to do with Conkers or Dominoes?