• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How did your game go?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil's just about got it (perhaps).

The £1,000,000 wicket belonged to Gary Birtles (Nottm Forest to Manure).

The other one (the proper cricketer) held two world records at one time but still holds one now.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
Originally posted by Tamara
I have just played my second game. Second win as we beat Riccaton. I got 18 runs and was in a 50 run partnership with Clare Taylor(england international player). and then took a really good catch to dismiss the england wicketkeeper whichturned the game. We won by 20 runs. I didn't get to bowl
How many of our girls are out there? It's about time they started playing more regularly.

Most of the New Zealand Cricketers have uni exams this next week and so were studying. There was only one player instead of about the 9 that would usually be there.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Second set of clues as to Eddie's mystery victim :

His achievement was ratified as a world record at the time, yet it has now been expunged from the record books, although it has never been beaten (so I suppose that he cannot really be considered a world record holder any more, despite what I said earlier).

The person who now holds the record did it almost 30 years earlier.

The likelihood of it EVER being beaten is highly unlikely.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bong. Time's up.

Clive Inman was the batter concerned.

He hit Norman Hill (Notts opening batsman who delivered just legside full tosses to bring about a declaration) for 32 in an over (a world record at the time before the King hit 36).

In the process, he scored a first-class fifty in 8 minutes (also considered a world record at the time).

Because of the contrived nature of the feat, it (the fifty) has been expunged from the record books.

The fastest fifty is now credited to C.I.J.Smith of Middlesex who achieved the feat in 11 minutes in 1938.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Most of the New Zealand Cricketers have uni exams this next week and so were studying. There was only one player instead of about the 9 that would usually be there.
I meant English girls!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by luckyeddie
Neil's just about got it (perhaps).

The £1,000,000 wicket belonged to Gary Birtles (Nottm Forest to Manure).

The other one (the proper cricketer) held two world records at one time but still holds one now.
C B Fry? Surely you're not THAT old?!

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
I meant English girls!
There are just 2 out here at this stage but more are coming to get practise on New Zealand Pitches before the Quad Series in Janurary which contains NZ, AUS, INDIA and ENG. I believe that some of the players have made themselves avaliable to play for canterbury in the State competition as well.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
We played this saturday and playing Long Bay College .... they bat first on a pitch that was wet but would dry , we thought the dryness would help us bowl and would help get the outfield going fast when we were to bat ... our fast bowlers got smashed , they scored 185 i got
5 - 0 - 21 - 4 ( 5 overs is max in school cricket )
so for an offie on a sh*t artificial pitch i liked it for a start for the season....

More happiness to start the day i got a spot as a player in the Birkenhead Club team without trials because some of their officials which i never realized were watching me at my game ... weird...

Anyway good start for me :D

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Although it was two weeks ago...I played my debut match for Al-Hasan CT against Bank Dhofar in division 'E' of the league. We batted first and were all out for exactly 150 in 24.9 overs(only 25 ovrs. per side). Bank Dhofar reached the target in 17.5 overs. I fielded very well but missed one catch as I lost the direction of the ball.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
No six ball overs, by the way the target we set for the other team(151 runs off 25 overs at 6 RPO) is considered small and easy to chase here in Oman, in fact any target below 180 or 190 isn't good enough off 25 overs , this is because when playing on cement pitches which give the bowler no aid are a medium to fast bowler's hell, Only spinners and real wicket to wicket express bowlers do well. In league A where there are 50 overs per side and better bowlers, run rates are much more realistic. League B has 30 overs per side matches.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Greenwood G-Grade

Chasing a modest 144 to win, in a onedayer.

We started slowly and then failed to make the runs by getting all out for 111.

I scored 8 runs, after I opened for the second time in my senior life. I batted for 23 overs and was in effect the legs of the the partnerships. I stood there and ran. I got out when the score was 4 (and 1 retired)-86.

It could be worse.

Round Two is a 2 dayer and I have been promoted to D-grade. (Up from the 5th team to the 3rd)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Game 2 about to start soon for me tommorow Playing westlake boys college on a damp outfield , according to past results , we have bet this team before..

lets see what happens tomorrow

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I scored 8 runs, after I opened for the second time in my senior life. I batted for 23 overs
I assume you model your batting on a mixture of Afridi and Sehwag with a hint of Zulu!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
I can better that, 2 off 10 overs chasing 60 off 20. We were 6/1 when I got out and we won.. :)
Chasing 60 off 20 overs - sounds like either a poor wicket or awful batting.
Since you opened the batting I will go for the latter ;)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Awful Batting is the answer. Year 8 Schools Cricket between two of the worst teams in Lindsey (us playing reversed batting order...) and you get the picture.

I took a catch though...