Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Cronje Plane Sabotaged?

  1. #1
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    23,921

    Cronje Plane Sabotaged?


  2. #2
    U19 Captain
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    607
    Who would do such a thing? I mean the guy done some dreadful things in the name of sport but who would go as far to do this?

  3. #3
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,727
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheOne
    Who would do such a thing? I mean the guy done some dreadful things in the name of sport but who would go as far to do this?

    Maybe they were worried what other information he was yet to come forward with. Re-match fixing who was involved
    You know it makes sense.

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,136
    Before I go on, Id like to state I know nothing about aviation.

    Having said that, it seems like cutting the compass cables is a pretty weak attempt at assassination. I mean no doubt it is dangerous and would cause problems but it leaves a little too much to chance.

    If you are going to go to the effort to tamper with the aircraft I would have thought there are a number of ways to guarantee death rather than just make things more difficult and potentially more dangerous.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net


  5. #5
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheOne
    Who would do such a thing? I mean the guy done some dreadful things in the name of sport but who would go as far to do this?
    CIA...
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

  6. #6
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    Before I go on, Id like to state I know nothing about aviation.

    Having said that, it seems like cutting the compass cables is a pretty weak attempt at assassination. I mean no doubt it is dangerous and would cause problems but it leaves a little too much to chance.

    If you are going to go to the effort to tamper with the aircraft I would have thought there are a number of ways to guarantee death rather than just make things more difficult and potentially more dangerous.
    I imagine the idea was not to be caught and make it look like an accident

  7. #7
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Its probably the easiest way to kill somebody and make it look like an accident if you know what your doing. Very suspicious. Although didn't he get on that flight at the last second? So how is it possible that it was planned?
    Last edited by pasag; 07-08-2006 at 07:33 PM.

  8. #8
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171

    Icon3

    This Mafia is always taken lightly by the people . Did you guys even realized that what exactly happened ? The thing was that Cronje was quite unaware that if he is going to dump the bookie's choice then what would happen to him . He took it lightly and the bookies may have lost millions or even billions and in the revenge first he was made to be disgraced and then ............... Who knows .......... Thats a fact n do not take these mafia guys lightly . I know that because they have their connections from Dubai to Karachi to Mumbai etc and no body can mess wid'em . I know a lot of people who can testify this thing .. Anyways !
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  9. #9
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    CIA...
    And, most damning of all, CIA and Cricket Australia share two out of three initials. Coincidence? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  10. #10
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    I blame America and George Bush.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,568
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ
    This Mafia is always taken lightly by the people . Did you guys even realized that what exactly happened ? The thing was that Cronje was quite unaware that if he is going to dump the bookie's choice then what would happen to him . He took it lightly and the bookies may have lost millions or even billions and in the revenge first he was made to be disgraced and then ............... Who knows .......... Thats a fact n do not take these mafia guys lightly . I know that because they have their connections from Dubai to Karachi to Mumbai etc and no body can mess wid'em . I know a lot of people who can testify this thing .. Anyways !
    Noob.

  12. #12
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    And, most damning of all, CIA and Cricket Australia share two out of three initials. Coincidence? I think not.


    Execellent Sherlocking Andy.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  13. #13
    Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    11,114
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    I blame America and George Bush.
    hhhahahah
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

    Manager of South Australia (WCC)

    Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

  14. #14
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    Unlikely James, I learnt to fly near George in the Western Cape where Hansie met his match, and have done several approaches to the airport, which is flanked by very steep, high mountains, and can be notauriously difficult during bad weather, of which there is plenty.. While there is a possibility of foul play and they have been right to investigate, George seems to me to be an ideal place for pilot error to have fatal consequences..

    However, the security is fairly lax at domestic airports in SA, I'm sure if somebody really wanted to tamper with the plane, they could..

    My first flight to George was a bit of a sadistic pilgrimage, well it wasn't a positive experience at all for me, but I'm glad I did it...





    Last edited by Langeveldt; 08-08-2006 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  15. #15
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,852
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheOne
    Who would do such a thing? I mean the guy done some dreadful things in the name of sport but who would go as far to do this?
    My money is on John, the ubiquitous bookmaker!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hansie Cronje movie
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 16-01-2014, 08:00 AM
  2. Snakes on a Plane
    By _Ed_ in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 02:57 AM
  3. And so it begins.
    By C_C in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 21-05-2006, 08:44 PM
  4. Hansie Cronje
    By Lach in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 06:53 PM
  5. Cronje and his earpiece.
    By Deja moo in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 21-04-2004, 08:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •