Congratulations to the following:
Shaka 3,000 posts
Pasag 1,000 Posts
A special congratulation to CW for reaching the magic milestone of 400,000 posts, well done everybody.
We would love another team member to help Marc pick out worthy posts/winners. Please email us if you are interested. A new award this week, and goodbye to the SS. We are also thinking of a new award which would be for best new member and would be called the Hussey. Should we:
Replace the best photo award?
Make a new award?
Leave as is?
The CW Awards Team
Marc (awards judge)
Archie (whatever else is left over)
If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com
If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au
If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk
Best of The Best
1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: JBH001 for this click here great research, and answered some questions from the thread.
2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Craig for this click here Great stuff Craig, comes out with an interesting thread about once every two months, but is worth the wait
3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Nnanden for this click here some great comp. For the Skull this week good to see, but we thought this the best
4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: TT Boy , Eng V ****- SL V SA and even ZIM V Bang. TT Boy was there this week, good to see.
5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: JASON click here JASON, what were you thinking mate?
6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: silentstriker click here Two weeks in a row, now don’t try and tell us this one makes sense
7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: JBH001 , Learned a bit from him this week, well done
8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Craig Almost won the Skull, the Inzi and did win the Warne, a great week of quality posting
Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Franz, Posts a lot which is good, post some strange stuff which is …..
10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: No award this week
The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Scaly piscine V Spacemonkey click here Just easing in for the first week
Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management